ad: Halibut-1

Announcing the QRZ Logbook

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KB1JCY

KB1JCY Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you using mod_security for Apache2?

2. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Sorry, but I will not discuss our security infrastructure.

3. K8YZK

K8YZK Ham Member QRZ Page

I am looking forward to seeing the Log and Awards part myself.

On those that don't like eqsl, or LoTW, then don't use them and quit complaining about those that do. I use eQSL and like it. I have used LoTW and hated the jumping thru hoops and call HQ and about a dozen emails to get it up and running. This is a hobby, if you don't think a QSO is valid then DON'T validate it. If a QSL card comes in the mail do you automatically send out a reply, or do you check it against your log.

KT

4. GI7OMY

GI7OMY Ham Member QRZ Page

I think using Columbus as an example was a bad idea

He didn't know where he was going, didn't know where he was when he got there and did the whole thing on somebody else's money :D

Seriously, I'm all for the idea

5. K2WH

K2WH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

All the problems and initiatives associated with Eqsl (A joke site is correct), LoTw (never used it) and now QRZ Log is disheartening.

What ever happened to the simple act of putting a stamp on a card and dropping it in the mail?

There is a saying, just because one can do it, doesn't necessarily mean one should. "SQL Injection"? Gotta look that one up.

Ah, glory days do pass you bye.

K2WH

6. AB3FL

AB3FL Ham Member QRZ Page

The problem is that it isn't that simple. Most DX station want at least $2.00 along with the dollar that the stamp to get it to them cost. So at least $3.00 for ONE QSL.

Tom - AB3FL

Excellent idea/job with the online QRZ logbook

7. K4LJP

K4LJP Ham Member QRZ Page

Right on the money!!..::p

8. KC9PTD

KC9PTD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

what in a SQL INJECTION? i use and enjoy EQSL i couldn't figure out LOTW! looking forward to qrz log,,and your eqsl! gary kc9ptd

9. KJ8O

KJ8O Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats on your new idea

At first I thought "why do we need another on-line log service?", but got to thinking about my interests in amateur radio and the LOTW and EQSL.

Fred, I think you may have got the right idea, especially if you can do something for the county hunters. As you probably know already, the ARRL will let you state your county name in your station description, but doesn't offer any county awards. EQSL does the same except the operator has to create a new station description for every county they work in (and many ops never bother with it). Also EQSLs are recognized by CQ Magazine for county hunting awards, but LOTW confirmations are not.

If you devise a plan where the new QRZ confirmations are accepted by CQ Magazine for county hunting, I will be gladly sign up.

Thanks again for all your hard work, your site is still the best.

73 de Joe KJ8O:cool:

10. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

eQSL and LOTW

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  11. WA0YZW

WA0YZW Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree 100% echo link dstar lotw eqsl not for me I don't require an SASE and if you send me a printed QSL on printer paper it goes into the file 13 for burning.

12. K2FEF

K2FEF Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking Fwd to it

"If you build it, will they come ?" - an age old question.
    I for one will - especially since it will interface with HRD (smart move).
    I use most of the one's discussed, and they all have their own quirks and issues, but the GUI seems to be the primary.
    Good Luck & God's Speed.

13. SV9OFO

SV9OFO Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]
    :p:p

14. SV9OFO

SV9OFO Ham Member QRZ Page

I like digital QSL because I just CANNOT AFFORD that cost,

and I have 000's of hams wanting SV9 on the other side.

Bureau is already too expensive here ($90 first subscription, $55 for the follow on).

Can you imagine me calling CQ owning to reply direct? We can easily talk about $1000 per 1-hour pileup!!!
    No way. So, no CQ. Just replies.:mad:

No paper QSL for this Ham. I do have the cards printed,
    we in SV9 cannot send our cards as a group to bureau due to SV bureau financial policy,
    "direct" is a direct hit on my wallet,
    electronic is the single option.

the funniest part (if it could by any means be called such) is that I have actually been accused of requiring GS for paper QSL.
    Well, not only this had never happened, or it will ever be,
    but I disregard any such request by others,
    I would rather NOT require QSL but just enjoy the fun of a contact, rather than sending green leaves for a piece of paper. I feel that paper card awards are obsolete to a point that they are actually halting hams from making QSO's rather than helping them.

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  15. K9JPP

K9JPP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This will be great I am sure. Are you going to make an Android or Iphone app? I would love to see an Android app personaly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.