ad: portazero-1

Announcing the QRZ Logbook

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K0PKE

K0PKE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Looking forward to it...

2. NC8X

NC8X Ham Member QRZ Page

Mind Changer

For all of those that say they dont like or want to use a Electronic QSL card , i bet that if Fred offered a Ham Rig or a piece of Ham gear as an award for Contacts Loged on QRZ i bet all of the nay sayers would jump right on board.
    Keep up the good work Fred.

3. K1BAA

K1BAA Ham Member QRZ Page

How is this new QRZ logbook going to be any different than eQSL and how exactly do you equate QRZ's offering to be more "cloud computing" than eQSL.

Are you sure this isn't just QRZ.com fanboy ravings?

K1BAA

4. GI7OMY

GI7OMY Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder what all those "I want to do it the traditional way" guys said way back when spark-gap transmitters were banned? ;)

5. VK2ATC

VK2ATC Ham Member QRZ Page

I used to have a "cloud computer" but the moisture kept shorting it out and most of the software was vapourware.

6. K2WH

K2WH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

No way, thats like the trend of offering kids money to stay in school. Outright bribery.

K2WH

7. K7PEH

K7PEH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good Idea but are Logs Public ?

Fred -- I think this is a good idea but I am curious, are the logs available for public viewing. That is, can I look at any other ham operator's log book?

Is the entry web form based only or would you consider supporting a web services (WSDL based) interface for submittal?

8. W7FF

W7FF Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This is great news! I agree with the comments that LoTW and EQSL are not very intuitive and because of that discouraging to use. Next, most logging software use databases such as QRZ to populate fields. This will be one stop shopping, it will be a place to get call sign data, to create a log, and to earn recognition. The program will be only as good as we allow/make it. The more who use the program, the more the value/credibility it will have.

It was once said, "The only ones who like change are babies and bus drivers. The QRZ logging program is a super idea. I too thank Fred and QRZ for creating this super product.

Monte, K2MLS

9. M6DER

M6DER Ham Member QRZ Page

an android app sounds good to me as well in fact there is just not enough of the andriod apps out there for hams plenty on apples iphone more need for the more popular andriod system

10. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.