ad: Flexradio-1

Announcing the 2021 Amateur Radio Software Award Recipient Jordan Sherer, KN4CRD, for JS8Call

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0EB, Apr 4, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K0EB

K0EB Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

I'm happy to let you all know that the recipient of the 2nd annual Amateur Radio Software Award goes to Jordan Sherer KN4CRD for his JS8Call application.

I would also like to thank my fellow award committee members Claus Niesen, AE0S, and Kun Lin, N7DMR, for their efforts and dedication to the award.

For more information about this year's winner and to submit nominations for next year please visit https://arsaward.com . If you haven't heard about the JS8Call full-fledged weak-signal digital communication application be sure to check it out and give it a spin.

Thanks and 73,
    Rich Gordon K0EB

HB9EPC, AA4TG, K8XG and 13 others like this.
  2. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations to Jordan.

3. AA2EC

AA2EC Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations!! JS8Call is an awesome program!! :)

4. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Well deserved.

K4MID likes this.
  5. KA3ZAI

KA3ZAI Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats Jordan!!

6. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for your wonderful gift to ham radio Jordan. As an early adaptor and fan of JS8Call and I am sure that more wonderful features are yet to come.

7. K3DFD

K3DFD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Standing on the shoulders of giants like K1JT, innovation like Jordan's JS8CALL makes me happy. More please!

8. KC8UD

KC8UD Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations, Jordan. JS8CALL is certainly a feature rich advancement in weak signal communications and a step above all the others because it allows for more "human contact" rather than just robotic pings. Your continued active promotion of JS8CALL QSO parties shows your enthusiasm and excitement and encourages others to become involved. This attitude is what this hobby needs. Thanks!

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Jordan definitely deserves this recognition.

It's always a bit challenging to understand that the second generation of an innovation often--as in this case--deserves the same spotlight as the first.

Chip W1YW

K2NCC, K8XG and K5PAP like this.
  10. NN2X

NN2X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very well deserved! I use it all the time, JS8CALL uses FT8 Specifications with a QSO!

I recall when KN4CRD (Jordan) was creating the software, I was one of the first to join. During this time, Jordan was fine tuning the program, and his wife just gave birth to a wonderful child...With no sleep, a job, he never missed a beat on progressing on JS8CALL program

Congrats Jordan! / NN2X / Tom

11. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

And remember...the JS8Call QSO Party is today, 4/10. :)