ANNOUNCEMENT OF INVASION

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by Guest, Jul 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KG4YUV

KG4YUV Ham Member QRZ Page

Personally, I think that the FCC should go ahead and do what needs to be done. That is, of course, Move the CB band somewhere else and move something else in on 11 meters. Now I know that sounds stupid at first glance, but think of all the possibilites. It sounds even more stupid to make it where having an 11 meter rig would be like a CBer having a linear amp, but something liek that HAS TO BE DONE in order to accomplish anything at all. The FCC needs to quit ignoring our pleas and troubles and step up and frickin' do something about it! It took long enough for us to get even 5 CHANNELS on 60 meters as an evening stopping place between 40 and 75. What the CBers are doing is what the FCC calls MALICIOUS and HARMFUL interference. And if I recall, on every CB, there's a sticker that CLEARLY states: "This device complies with part 15 of the FCC rules". By the modifications they make to those radios, then they are instantly BREAKING those rules, and doing what the FCC says not to. How about that? The FCC makes a rule, but takes almost NO measures to enforce it. I can't believe it! They're more strict on us, the LICENSEDamateur radio operators, than they are on the UNLICENSED CB operators! How about that? While we're out following every rule we're given, the CBers do ass they please! Why I bet that if they had the capability, they'd stick their ass in the microphone and rub in the other person's face! As silly as it is, I know the EVERYONE will agree with me on that.

Thanks for letting me vent. I needed that! [​IMG]

Patrick Wilson
    KG4YUV

2. KI4BOO

KI4BOO Ham Member QRZ Page

Taking CB off of 11m would be fruitless. What with all of the already existing commercial CB radios out there. Not to mention all of the converted ham radios and amplifiers.

3. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

Dustin, unless you have passed the CW requirements, having a Technician Class license does NOT entitle you to any HF privileges. If you have passed the requirements for being able to receive the International Morse code at a speed of 5 words per minute, then you can operate using CW in small segments on the 80, 40, 15, and 10 meter bands. You can also operate using SSB (only SSB, no other form of voice communications) on the 28.300 MHz to 28.500 MHz portion of the 10 meter band.

If you have NOT passed the CW requirement, then you are limited to operation on all amateur bands above 50 MHz. There are CW only segments from 50.000 MHz to 50.100 MHz and from 144.000 MHz to 144.100 MHz. Also, CW can be used on any amateur radio frequencies except for the 5 channels on the "new" 60 meter band which allow upper sideband only.

If you have passed the CW requirements, then you most certainly can operate using CW on the 10 meter band from 28.100 MHz to 28.500 MHz, on 80 meters from 3.675 MHz to 3.725 MHz, on 40 meters from 7.100 MHz to 7.150 MHz, and on 15 meters from 21.100 MHz to 21.200 MHz. This is in addition to the aforementioned voice utilizing SSB (only, no AM, no FM, etc.) from 28.300 MHz to 28.500 MHz.

Glen, K9STH

4. K7KBN

K7KBN Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't believe that there are "CW" requirements for any class of amateur radio license.

Now, there IS a Morse code requirement... (if you want to get picky [​IMG] ).

5. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

To really be technical: The requirement for amateur radio operators living in locations governed by the United States (governed by "FCC regulations") is for the ability to receive at a speed of at least 5 words per minute (25 letters per minute) plain text sent using the International Morse code for any one minute period out of a maximum of 5 minutes of text sent (no errors allowed for at least 1 minute of "copy"). Also, there is the provision for answering a 10 question written test on the text if nowhere in the 5 minutes worth of copying are there 25 consecutive letters (numerals and punctuation count as 2 letters).

There is also the American Morse code which was used primarily on land-line communications. However, there are a number of amateur radio operators who use the American Morse code on the amateur radio frequencies. There are only 10 letters of the American Morse code that are the same as in the International Morse code. Most of the numbers are also different. But, all station identifications must be made using the International Morse code and not using the American Morse code.

Thus, we have to state that reception must be made using the International Morse code and not just plain "Morse" code since American Morse code predates the International Morse code and the term "Morse" code can apply to ether code! In fact, there are variations on even the International Morse code which include the Russian alphabet, the Greek alphabet, Japanse "Kantanka", several of the Chinese dialects, as well as special characters as used in Spanish, German, etc. The variations in "Morse" code are almost as numerous as the number of major languages in use today.

Actually, the term "CW" is a misnomer since CW is only a continuous, unmodulated signal. It is the turning on and off of a carrier that produces a signal with intellegence. Thus, what is called "CW" by the vast majority of amateur radio operators should be called "radio telegraphy".

Anyway, to gain HF operating frequencies under present FCC regulations a person holding a Technician Class license has to have passed the examinations regarding the reception of the International Morse code as it pertains to the English language.

Glen, K9STH

6. WA6CAW

WA6CAW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, what Glen said...........

And technically, CW is not allowed. Sending a continous wave for any period of time without ID or an interupted pattern, such as to be a coded intelligence transmission, is NOT allowed.

ID'ing after sending a CW transmission is also allowed.

TECHNICALLY SPEAKING !

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ah now, Lou.
    Identity crisis, not Wally.
    What's the problem, no problems with Wally.
    Don't tell anyone, Lou.
    The Boys within the 40 meter WAR ZONE have said, "I'm hiding something." Plus, "I was thrown out of Alaska."
    I been here at my present address now for more than 17 years, what am I hiding?
    Lou, I don't know what I'm hiding, am I suppose to be hiding a something or whatever?
    My callsigns, I still have others that were issued, do the guys and gals wish I apply for one of those?

Fines, the mail has to be late, again.
    CB, can you please explain the CB?

Now, Lou. Can anyone out there furnish a "I Need To Know?"

Reality, no one has a need to know about, Wally.
    There are exceptions, of which I cannot disclose.

Lou, your socks must have been dirty for those periods of time.

I have a Top Secret meeting ready to commence, please excuse me?

8. WA6CAW

Wally,Wally,Wally,....

What ever happened to advice thread? I think more advice was give to you than you provided answers.

I wondered what that smell was.my socks! Well they stand up by themselves in the corner now. I'll have them bronzed.

Think you have been at that address since 1991...... [​IMG]

Inquiring minds have a need to know. What are you hiding?

CB is communications boss. That you?

And what about the WWARS Club, KD7WGX? Mr. Trustee, I want to belong. !!

Holla [​IMG]

I am a member of:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10502

Are you? [​IMG]

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Lou.
    "Ask Doctor Wally" has been inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Thinking I've been here since, doesn't hack it at all. Now, unless you desire to pay the Property Taxes.

Inquiring minds have a need to know, nope, cannot divulge, no need to know.

Yes, what am I hiding? Please tell me.
    O no, someone here in the Fatherland of the Wally-Wally's squealed, they told you I threw in garbage from the surrounding area in the original cement hole I filled up, disgusting and shame on them. If you need a fill on what items were dispensed in the hole, let me know and I'll be forthcoming.

CB, communications boss. Nope again.

I am the Commander-In-Chief of the Wally-Wally's, founded in February 1996.

The 40 meter Boys have said, "their going to run us off the air", how is that done?

The important issue at hand. Wanting to become a member of the Wally-Wally's. Just listen in and around 7.255 LSB anytime. Times are not announced, tell someone your wishes, no dues, no rules (except Part 97) and good informational listening radio. Sometimes as early as 1430Z.

My webpage BBS is always available for just, STUFF.

10. WA6CAW

You are sooooooooooo cool Wally,

I am sooooooooooo , well, such a ubiquitous commestable, I can,t stand it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.