Android and Node numbers

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by N7OVR, Mar 28, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
  1. N7OVR

N7OVR Ham Member QRZ Page

Trying to connect to local repeaters while on vacation in FL. Repeaterbook has node numbers for those with
    available
    E--link, but I'm not finding a way to enter it. How is this done with an Android phone? Thanks in advance!

N7OVR

2. K1RFD

K1RFD Ham Member QRZ Page

Node numbers are primarily for connecting to nodes via a radio, using the DTMF buttons on the keypad. If you are logging directly into EchoLink, such as with an Android phone, you just need to look up the node's callsign and tap to connect. Or, if you happen to know the node number, use the Search function and enter the node number to find the callsign.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  3. N7OVR

Ummm, no. Tried that but none of the node numbers I searched for returned anything. I guess none of the nodes are still functional? Seems unlikely. ??
    N7OVR

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Normally that means that they are Off Line. Or they are not accepting connections.

Some nodes do come and go.

5. K1RFD

K1RFD Ham Member QRZ Page

Either the node you're seeking was temporarily off line, or the information source you're using is out of date. What are a couple of examples of nodes you've been seeking?

N7OVR likes this.
  6. N7OVR

Sorry so slow to reply, but back in UT now. I can't remember them now, but one was near Weston, FL. and another near Key West. Tried a search for both node number and repeater call sign appended -r with no luck.