Anderson Kulp - is still around - Beware

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by AG5M, Jan 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AG5M

AG5M Ham Member QRZ Page

The other day I placed an want ad on QRZ seeing if I could come up with a Yaesu FT-33R 220 MHz HT. The reply I got was from an Anderson Fulp (

available let me know if you want it thanks

I sent - Yes, I'm interested. Please describe the rig, nicks, dents, scratches, is it working well, which battery(s) does it have, PL board installed? Please send pictures along with your call sign.

His response with picture -
    Yaesu FT-33R 220 Mhz (sic) HT with tone board installled (sic). New battery, original box and manual. NC-29 drop in charger and PA-6 12 volt adapter. 80$ shipped let me know thanks

I then asked him to send me a single picture with all the items he mentioned, along with his QSL card showing his call. And PayPal address for payment.

His response - paypal orice remain the-same its would send first class out to you so it get that all i could do with the picture

My final response - Enough games. The way this works is, I ask questions, you reply with appropriate answers. Nice try on the picture, right off the Internet. What, you think I just fell off the boat? You're now blacklisted. And, your English is simply terrible!

Beware - and ALWAYS do due diligence when dealing with anyone trying to sell you something. The crooks are out there... but not hard to spot if you're paying attention. I'll also notify PayPal.
    KC0BIN likes this.
  2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3. KC0BIN

KC0BIN Ham Member QRZ Page

I've gone a few rounds with Mr Fulp. After two sentences I knew his scam.

Gotta give him credit, though- he's persistent and bold!