And yet, Another possible scammer

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K9ILL, Jul 22, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K9ILL

K9ILL Ham Member QRZ Page

I have not posted anything on QRZ about buying a Heil PR-40 mic. I only asked a seller on QRZ if he would sell his PR-40 separately. Then I get a suspicious email from Philip Rase <ki8esqrz@gmail.com> offering me a Heil PR-40 for $275.00 +$15.00 shipping.
    I also noticed that Philip Rase <ki8esqrz@gmail.com> did not have an email addy on QRZ.
    These scammers are alive and well on QRZ.

KC0BIN likes this.
  2. NH6AB

NH6AB Ham Member QRZ Page

I am looking for a knob for a Hallicrafters SR-150 and Philip Rase e-mailed me and said he has one that he is not making use of so he would be willing to sell it to me for $50 and ship it to Hawaii for $20! Red Flag #1. I asked him to send me a picture and he said that he can't remove it unless he knows I want it or have already paid for it. Why in the world would I pay for the knob so he can remove it and take pictures? Red Flag #2. Red Flag #3 is the above post. I told him to climb back under the rock he came from and die.

KC0BIN likes this.
  3. KR9T

KR9T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

just got an unsolicited offer from Philip Rase to sell me a Yaesu FTM 400DX for $70.00. Even though the pictures do not have his call sign and the picture shows a FTM 400 XDR. Lots of red flags and sorry he is trolling QRZ. Watch out for this scam.

KC0BIN likes this.
  4. NH6AB

KC0BIN likes this.
  5. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

I got one from him too after posting in a thread for a Flex Maestro for sale. Moderator has deleted my post there cause I said he was asking the same price as new.
    This guy was asking $1100 for a Maestro in the email he sent. No payment instructions.
    Same email as above. No email listed on his QRZ page. KI8ES is listed as Philip Rase. I don't think it is him. I think somebody has a program and scans QRZ for listings without an email on their page.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    KC0BIN likes this.
  6. NH6AB

I got in a small e-mail war with this guy because I called him a scumbag scammer. He acted like he was the real guy but i was not convinced. He would not send ant type of proof as to who he was. He finally said he was seeking legal counsel to sue me for defamation of character, and I will hear from him soon. I think not! Bottom line is this guy cannot be trusted!

KC0BIN likes this.
  7. NY8T

NY8T Ham Member QRZ Page

perhaps he should be spammed by everyone on here, might weed him out, fill up his inbox lol

KC0BIN likes this.
  8. KI8ES

KI8ES Ham Member QRZ Page

Absolutely NOT me.

9. KF5QZM

KF5QZM Ham Member QRZ Page

KI8ES, put a notice on your page that you don't have anything for sale. He'll find another call, but it will help to move him off yours.