Analog Transceivers- high end Candidates ICOM, Yaesu & Kenwood

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by N8FVJ, Sep 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. NE1U

NE1U Ham Member QRZ Page

I qualify as at least an almost OF ... referencing the possible hearing issue.

You will not get any better sound from an analog radio versus an sdr. And I am a guy that had a Drake R4C in the day and I loved that d@mn radio. Drake station are starting to show up in the used equipment and I long for that. Yet, old tech is old tech. And just because I am .. old .. doesn't mean that I feel a kinmanship to old tech!

Heck with that stuff. I want the latest and greatest with rx & tx equalizers so that I can either/and make myself sound like a 40 y/o and even some squeaking voice sound like macho man. New tch is a lot of fun.

2. KF5LJW

KF5LJW Ham Member QRZ Page

What condition?

This sounds like a sales pitch.

3. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Poor ears

4. VE3TMT

VE3TMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You neglected the TS-850S

One of the best used radios on the market today.

5. KF5LJW

KF5LJW Ham Member QRZ Page

Not likely because he does not have any for sale.

6. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Discussing.

7. OK1RP

OK1RP Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi
    My experiences with VBF on new RGO ONE on CW

Petr

8. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Besides the hearing SNR problems we all get as we age, and items already mentioned, another source of true noisy receiver audio can be suboptimal adjustment of the AGC parameters on newer radios that allow it.

9. OK1RP

10. OK1RP

Hi all,

as you know the optional module of ATU is under finishing and the f/w code under tweaking for the RGO ONE.
    One of the hardest point of the ATU performance - the very low impedance matching has been successfully tested on the beta test piece of RGO.

Look over here:

The antenna in use was an 80m band dipole. Tested band was 160m.
    The ATU f/w code is still under tweaking and hardware is in beta testing to be sure that all will perform excellently in RGO ONE finally.

73 - Petr, OK1RP