ad: elecraft

An open letter to all DX contesters

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KW4TI, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone have any extra butter?

KA3CTQ and KC8VWM like this.
  2. KD9HLC

KD9HLC Ham Member QRZ Page

Go Cubs!

AC9SM likes this.
  3. W6UV

W6UV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Move to the WARC bands during a contest. Trying to get contesters to change their habits, especially during the big contests, is just pissing in the wind.

K5TCJ likes this.
  4. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Where are we sending them?

KA3CTQ likes this.
  5. KD9HLC

KD9HLC Ham Member QRZ Page

To the showers, if they can't rally.

6. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you thought about going to digital modes during voice contests, and vice versa?

7. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

Or just hand out the awards to anyone who requests one. After all if you are taking 5 to 7 tries to copy a 1 1 minimum minimum OR 2 2 bang bang signal report.....especially if you need a 3rd station to confirm you heard the report correctly...you didn't really work that station in the first place.

8. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

For that matter, you could also go to WARC bands where there are no contests. 30m should have good daytime coverage, and 60m should have coverage well into the evening hours.

With no D-layer absorption, 160m can support QSOs both day and night. It's the strangest thing I have seen in a long time, but 160m would also make a good 'net band, even though it is "approved" for contesting.

9. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

They keep pitching 92 MPH fast balls to Cervelli with two men on base, well...

KD9HLC likes this.
  10. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hopefully, it won't take another 90+ years! At least they won the Series at least once in MY lifetime. I hope for more. Cubbie fever never dies.

AC9SM and KD9HLC like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.