An FM Broadcast Transmitter for Your Shack

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by K6BP, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K6BP

K6BP Ham Member QRZ Page

Listening to internet audio ties you to the computer. I wanted to be able to walk around the house and yard while listening to net audio, discs on my stereo, and my ham receiver. Those iPod FM transmitters are good for a few tens of feet at most, and just wouldn't cut it. But here's a digital controlled, 100 miliwatt transmitter that covered my whole block the first time I tried it, and could work as an FM station for your neighborhood. Read the rest of this review at Technocrat.net.

2. KC0KBH

KC0KBH Ham Member QRZ Page

Holy crap! $200! I will build my own little thing for that.

3. K8YS

K8YS Banned QRZ Page

what I did...

I like to listen to AM talk radio... Rush, Sean Hannity, Michael Savage, Neal Boortz, all the great ones... my el-cheapo headphone receiver was FM, and the great ones are not on the "dope smokin' FM radio"...

I picked up a "FM Stereo Transmitter" from the Ransey booth at the Hamvention.

I feed the AM RX audio into the FM TX box and I can listen alywhere I roam in the house or yard... and I paid a whole lot less than $200.00.

4. KC0KBH

I love Rush. They had some great songs. My favorite album- "Moving Pictures".

5. K8YS

K8YS Banned QRZ Page

uh?

6. KC0KBH

You don't know who Rush is??!! Maybe it is out of your age group.

7. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

KBH:

He did not mean "Rush" the band, he meant Rush Limbaugh.

As for the transmitter, $200 is not bad if you use it alot. I would rather just use my MP3 player and listen to music while out working.

8. K8YS

K8YS Banned QRZ Page

must be...

My music age group is more along the lines of;

Pink Floyd
    Led Zepplin
    Bob Seger
    Waylon Jennings
    Willie Nelson

9. KZ9U

KZ9U Ham Member QRZ Page

Rush, Pink Floyd, and Led Zeppelin were contemporaries.. Rush is just an overplayed Canadian power rock trio.. There was a radio station in Chicago that couldn't play 10 songs without including a Rush track in the lineup.. It got to the point that people actually called to complain.. I was one of them.. To quote the DJ who answered the phone:

"Thats what happens when a band is allowed to buy stock in a radio station"

10. KC0KBH

Well, canada is one of my facorite countires, along with Russia and Ukraine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.