Amplifier: Seeking Recommendations

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by KD2NOM, Aug 19, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

All - thanks for all the replys - I really appreciate it.

If there are no other recommendations I'd like to declare the thread closed .

Best regards,

WA4SIX likes this.
  2. PA1ZP

PA1ZP Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi

Good luck with your choise, and whatever you choose, may it have years of use without troubles.
    And may it fulfill the things you expected from it.

73 Jos

3. VK5CG

VK5CG Ham Member QRZ Page

4. VK5CG

VK5CG Ham Member QRZ Page

Acom 1000 not overly impressed no support and certainly not reliable my home brew is more reliable seriously

5. NQ1B

NQ1B Ham Member QRZ Page

So which amplifier did you choose?

6. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well,

I decided to 'fake the watts' - I am building a hex beam to get my DX gains thru directionality. In other words, I could not decide and got talked into putting up a beam antenna instead until I decide I still need MOR PWR!

7. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Wise choice.

Like the old story about the traveling salesman who picked up the native American Indian hitchhiker.

The Indian notices a brown bag on the seat next to the salesman, and finally asks, "What in bag?"

The driver says, "It's a bottle of whiskey. I got it for my wife."

Indian pauses a while, then says, "Good trade."

8. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Even the SB-200 (2x 572B's) is not a bad choice, if recapped (usually necessary) and a few mods, desirable or not necessary. It won't put out legal limit, but @ less than 100 Watts input, it will still put out 600-750 Watts. (Minus the black widders, ciggie smoke, and other nasties, that is; mouse t_rds not withstanding.. Don't ask me how I know; you don't want to..)