ad: M2Ant-1

Amiga?

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by WA7KKP, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KB3NDN

KB3NDN Ham Member QRZ Page

i would love to have a KIM-1

2. KE7IPY

KE7IPY QRZ Member

3. KB3NDN

KB3NDN Ham Member QRZ Page

my favorite website [​IMG]

4. eb5fir

eb5fir Guest

@WA7KKP

Do you remember the name of the morse trainer wich simulated a qso?
    Thanks in advance!. Also i have many ham programs for Amiga computers if any are interested.
    73's

5. WA7KKP

WA7KKP Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't remember the exact name of the program, but it is posted on www.aminet.org. I do remember the author was an Italian, an I5 ISTR.

Gary WA7KKP

6. W1GUH

W1GUH Ham Member QRZ Page

I remember there was a computer game called Doctor DX that simulated a DX contest...I forget if it was for the C-64 or the Amiga. I think it was the '64.

I loved my Amiga. I had a 500 with the extra memory, extra floppy drive and modem. I got the C compiler of the time, I forget if it started out as SAS and got bought or got bought by SAS, but it was the first IDE that I used. I was really into 3D graphics programming until other things happened that distracted me from computer stuff. The last stuff I bought for it was at the Timonium hamfest in Spring, '93, but never got to use it much - soon after that I moved and the Amiga got packed up. I still have it, and intend to set it up again, soon's I get one of those "round tuits." I never did get a hard drive for it.

The trouble I found with Amigas in the '89 - '90 time frame was you couldn't tell real stuff from vaporware. I really wanted to get a genlock to superimpose graphics on video, and at the time there was a product called a "mini-gen" that got very good reviews. But....it turned out to be vaporware, and I never did get a genlock.

Amigas were used extensively in TV broadcasting because they were made to work well with TV video. The networks used them for a long time....do they still? There was a product called the video toaster that supposedly did it all.

Then, there was the prospect of putting a PC bridge card in an Amiga....and have the Amiga stuff and PC stuff working simultaneously. Yep, it was way ahead of its time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.