SOLD Ameritron AL-80B

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KE8SO, Apr 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KE8SO

KE8SO Ham Member QRZ Page

Amplifier works great and is currently set up for 110 volts. The amplifier was checked by Ameritron prior to my purchase. The 3-500Z has very low hours, almost all of which is standby. The amp has not been abused or run into a high SWR and not used on digital modes. The amplifier has soft start and QSK built in. 35 watts drive provides over 500 watts out, 50 watts provides over 700. The amplifier is very clean and has never been around cigarette smoke. I have the original boxes and manual. Prefer not to ship but that is negotiable. $800 buys this great little amplifier. Reasonable offers will be entertained. If not sold before, it will be available at the Hamvention.

Attached Files:

K5MTY, N2NOW, KA8UGB and 2 others like this.
  2. KW7XT

KW7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

I am interested, how old is amp? It would have to be shipped to Seattle.

Gregg, KW7XT

3. KW7XT

10 meter mod installed?

4. NJ1S

NJ1S Ham Member QRZ Page

What is this amps max ? Any idea

5. KE8SO

6. KE8SO

It has the 10 meter mod and was purchased at HRO in Atlanta on 11/28/2001. It weighs 50 lbs. I'll have to look into the shipping cost. The amp was sent to Ameritron about two years ago to be given a quick run over. There were no issues. A new 3-500 was installed at that time. After returning the amplifier was boxed and placed onto a shelf until last fall. Specs say 1000 watts out when wired for 110. I have never put more than 50 watts into the amplifier, which gave 700 out. I have never tested to find out what the max output was. Let me know what you think.

Dave
    KE8SO

7. KE8SO

Specs say 1000 watts out. I have never pushed for max out. But I have run 700 plus watts out with 50 watts of drive.

8. KW7XT

I am sure amp is working fine but was looking for something newer. At that age I would have to "low ball" an offer and don't wish to offend you.

Gregg, KW7XT

N2NOW likes this.
  9. K0GV

K0GV Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll buy it if you can ship it to 55345 zip code.

Darryl
    K0GV

10. KE8SO

Darryl,

I will check with UPS to see what shipping and insurance will be and let you know. Drop me an Email and I'll give you my cell so we can work out the details.

Dave
    KE8SO

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.