ad: AlphaRF-1

For Sale Ameritron AL-80B 1KW Amp

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by K4XD, Oct 11, 2018 at 5:15 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
  1. K4XD

K4XD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have for sale Ameritron's famous "desktop kilowatt" amp, the AL-80B.

Ameritron rates this amp at 800W CW and 1000W PEP SSB. You can see the forward power reading of 800W I captured driving it with CW in the attached pix.

The AL-80B uses a single 3-500Z tube which is still going strong. It will be pulled and shipped separately unless you request otherwise.

I am the second owner of this amp, serial #15575. I've had several amps over the past eight years since buying this one, and it's been used about 15% of the time. Just bought an ALS-1306 and while I love the glow of that tube, I'm going solid-state because I'm mostly contesting and tuning slows things down a bit.

The amp is clean and working well. It has been used in a non-smoking environment.

The AL-80B sells for $1499 new, this one will be shipped in the US for $1095. If you're also interested in the QSK-5 external box, which I'm listing separately, let me know and we'll work a deal. The QSK-5 gives you full CW break-in with the AL-80B.

Rowland K4XD

IMG_3038.JPG IMG_3044.JPG IMG_3042.JPG IMG_3040.JPG IMG_3026.JPG

Attached Files:

K5MTY and W9JTC like this.
  2. KC3PJ

KC3PJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Please email me concerning local sale possibility. Thanks.

3. KC3PJ

KC3PJ Ham Member QRZ Page

OK. I got your response.

4. WV8EZ

WV8EZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Interested in the amp if we could get together on meeting somewhere if you still have

5. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.