ad: wmr-1

Sale/Trade Ameritron 811H, Dentron Clippertron-L amplifiers, 572B tubes.

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by K1OIK, Jul 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

811.JPG 811 top.JPG The above amplifier uses 811 tubes.
    I have an issue with low primary voltage when the amplifiers are keyed.
    meter 96.JPG meter 99.JPG
    With both amplifiers I got no more than 500 watts with 65 watts drive which was consistent on all bands.
    The reason I have used them is my IC2KL solid state cannot handle 100 watts AM without making a racket with the fans. These are quiet and just loaf along.You can see the low high voltage when keyed.
    811 voltmeter.JPG
    dentron.JPG
    dentron top.JPG
    This is the "low" high voltage when keyed and not keyed.
    dentron voltage low.JPG dentron voltage.JPG
    I have no reason to believe the amplifiers won't put out rated power with a sturdy primary voltage. But I do not guarantee it.
    I would like a solid state amplifier better than my IC2KL (which itself doesn't care when the primary voltage drops). The AC cord on the Dentron has the outer covering partially broken where it enters the amplifier. No bare wires but it should be looked at.
    Price each $600 plus a lot for shipping.
    The following tubes were put in the AL-811H and had the same output as the existing 811's, the tubes are marked used and 800 watts and are offered at $150.
    572b.JPG
    I am not asking for help or advice.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2019
    KA8UGB, K8AI, W3LES and 4 others like this.
  2. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.