ad: Amateur-1

Amazing New Software to Replace HRD!! Must try, and its FREE!!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KD0SGX, Feb 11, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
  1. IW3HMH

IW3HMH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I hate Log4OM... everytime i find an issue using it i'm the only one that can fix the issue...
    We have a forum for user support , because we think a large knowledge base is better than a private ticketing system. Share the knowledge is the way to make better software and provide better support.

About phone tech support: yes, it's available. Just call my cell phone. In Italy.

2. G4POP

G4POP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Or my mobile phone in the UK, but I don't accept transfer charge calls

73 Terry G4POP

3. KD0SGX

KD0SGX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow, what did I start?? LOL Yes it did replace HRD for me, so I am not sure why this is incorrect? Opinions are just that. If you like HRD better great!! I just wanted people to know that other alternatives exist, and are really well put together. If you don't like it, don't use it. Simple.

Yep I sure did, and it did replace HRD for me!! FACT.

4. KD0SGX

KD0SGX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You know that feeling when you find a software that just clicks with you...well this one did for me and I wanted to spread the enjoyment that I have been having. Sorry If I upset anyone. Not at all my intent.

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

There is nothing wrong with that.

I feel the same. What works for one person may not be that great for everyone. I use XP, It works so does 7. :)

HRD is excellent software, There is other excellent software too.

6. KM4BLG

KM4BLG Ham Member QRZ Page

Might work in Mono.

7. W8OTR

W8OTR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

HRD cant do bulk updates to missing fields ! which I like to do after a contest to fill in state name ect. And on another note about HRD it stopped updating country list since I have not renewed HRD

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Does HRD still require you to download the whole program to get a update ?

9. G4NVB

G4NVB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't know which version of HRD you are using but the latest version certainly supports Bulk Field Updates.

W8OTR likes this.
  10. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I think he means Bulk Updates using data from QRZ to fill in the blanks.

HRD has long supported bulk updates of a field using information input manually, but has resisted implementing a Bulk Update function using data from online sources like QRZ such as you might do after importing a log file from another program such as a contest logger. Historically, they've recommended the use of HRDUtilities to do this, but I understand that HRDUtilities no longer functions properly with the HRD database.