Amazing New Software to Replace HRD!! Must try, and its FREE!!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KD0SGX, Feb 11, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And Roger, for you Log4OM is perfect! But that is NOT what the OP said. He said Log4OM was a REPLACEMENT for HRD. After all that's the Title of this Thread.

That's just not true.

2. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

OK sell me, since people have a hard time understanding. The logging software locks up on occasion as noted (minor inconvenience); is this corrected in the latest paid version of HRD?

What is a major problem, is the logging when used/selected for the ARRL January VHF contest (.adif) is not formatted correctly for acceptance by the "Contest Robot". Has this issue been addressed in the latest HRD version?

Lastly, if I did purchase support would I be criticized like others for not understanding or for tech support having to answer a question for the Zillionth time?

NC8X likes this.
  3. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes.
    Yes.
    And I am not supporting anything here in the Forums. I, as a person, have a hard time why this is still being discussed so many years after the release of the license agreement. And after it's been discussed here in these forums so many time as well. The horse is dead. My signature is simply "KB1NXE". Not "KB1NXE Support Guru for HRD and all thing HRD"...

While my information is from a position of knowledge, I speak for myself.

4. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Doesn't anyone use paper logs anymore?;)

Why argue over which log program is better? I use HRD, paid for it and paid once for support. I no longer pay for support but still use the software daily and have updated it many times at no cost to me.

To each their own, you like vanilla ice cream, I like chocolate ice cream. You like CW I like digital and phone.

There is room for everyone at the same table. Just get along!

5. G4POP

G4POP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As I said in an earlier post "Please remember everything has its place in our hobby as in life!"

VE3PP likes this.
  6. WA4BCS

WA4BCS Ham Member QRZ Page

I paper log and Winlog32, a great program that is free.

VE3PP likes this.
  7. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

K1FBI, you might as well give up. Even though it is not in the formal rules, it is strictly forbidden to criticize one of QRZ's advertisers.

8. G4CUS

G4CUS Guest

That goes against freedom of speech and not very democratic!
    I am a paid up and satisfied user of HRD but am also interested in seeing other people's opinions.
    I have LOG4OM/FLDIGI on my PC for comparison purposes. Let's all enjoy this wonderful hobby.
    Best wishes, Antony G4CUS

9. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately Antony, you won't see mine here. Sorry.

10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You can always say good things. :D