Amazing New Software to Replace HRD!! Must try, and its FREE!!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KD0SGX, Feb 11, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD0SGX

KD0SGX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Guys, I have been testing this out for about 2 solid weeks now and I cannot tell you how great it has been. LOTW - no problem
    5.0 out of 5.0 EHAM
    http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/10506?page=3

Get it here.
    http://www.log4om.com/

I am not getting paid, I just wanted to make sure everyone knows their are some really good alternatives.

Mike

KU7PDX, NC8X, G4POP and 1 other person like this.
  2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I did not see if it works for Linux. Guess that means no ?

What language is it written in ?

Have fun. New toys with buttons are nice.

KM4BLG likes this.
  3. NK7Z

NK7Z Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

4. KD0SGX

KD0SGX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Windows

5. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Terry, G4POP was one of the original programmers working with Simon to write HRD.

It's also only a log program. No integrated satellite support, no voice modes, rudimentary rig control. Must use third party apps. No live Tech Support.

Yeah. It's like HRD. A perfect replacement.

Hey, wanna buy a bridge???

K2NCC and KA0HCP like this.
  6. G4POP

G4POP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Log4OM is not meant to be a 'Jack of all trades' or 'Swiss Army Knife' like HRD nor is it a pure contest logger like N1MM, although it does have a contest logging function.

Foremost Log4OM is a logging program pure and simple, aimed squarely at the average ham, the SOTA or IOTA operator, award chasers and the avid DXer alike.

Log4OM integrates with the best external software available for any particular function like FLDigi, WSJT/JTAlert, PSTRotator etc, etc and of course Log4OM includes support for every on line logbook and call lookup system including QRZ and Clublog etc.

We don't purport to be a replacement for HRD nor do we criticise HRD or throw snide comments at HRD. Having worked with Simon Brown G4ELI/HB9DRV I fully appreciate the effort that went into the development of HRD and I assume a similar effort continues to be applied to the upkeep of the software by HRD LLC.

There are many great ham radio programs available like DXLabs, N1MM and Logger 32 to name but a few, all of which are produced for the benefit of Amateur Radio operators by some very dedicated people, we praise their efforts.

With approaching 30,000 users and over a thousand subscribers to our forum we must have been doing something right with Log4OM development during the last 3/4 years :) Most importantly Log4OM is completely free and is developed by a small team of dedicated unpaid hams who provide a very high level of support

Please remember everything has its place in our hobby as in life! and we hopefully fill a void for those hams that require a free top grade logging program in a modern easy to use format without the complexity of too many 'Whistles and Bells'

73 Terry G4POP
    Log4OM Development Team

KD0XL, W5ACA, KX4BW and 7 others like this.
  7. GI0HWO

GI0HWO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

8. GI0HWO

GI0HWO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well said Terry.
    As a logging program it is unbeatable, the best I've ever used by a mile.

I would happily pay good money for Log4OM but would never pay for HRD, it's not in the same league.

NC8X, LA9FFA and G4POP like this.
  9. IW3HMH

IW3HMH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, it's unfortunately only a log program. We don't have satellite tracking...

but... please help me understand what is "live tech support".
    Join Log4OM forum (you can read forum without being registered) and you can see what is OUR "live tech support", provided by Radio Amateurs to other Radio Amateurs. For free.

Daniele IW3HMH

KG5ILR, NC8X, LA9FFA and 1 other person like this.
  10. G4LDS

G4LDS Ham Member QRZ Page

In the past i have used other programmes for logging, contests and dxepetions/SES.
    I run LOG4om and Im pleased to say it ticks all I want and any problems support is quick
    The forum is another place of support and to bounce off ideas.

73s

Chris

G4LDS

G4POP, NC8X, LA9FFA and 1 other person like this.