ad: AbAuRe-1

AmateurLogic 122: 13 Years of ALTV

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5JDX, Oct 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. W5JDX

W5JDX Ham Member QRZ Page

al_ep122-qrz.png As one of the first video podcasts period, AmateurLogic.TV celebrates 13 years this month. Tommy builds the SDR Pi. Emile discusses the Internet of Cheap Old Things. George exposes Harmonic Distortion. Our old friend Jim joins the party and shows us the interesting projects he’s been working on. There's no torch, but wood, PVC glue, brass tacks, and solder were involved.

We announce the winner of our 13th Anniversary Sweepstakes. Sarah Clark, K4EMT will be receiving an Icom IC-7300 HF Transceiver, MFJ-4230DMP power supply, Heil Sound iCM microphone and BM-17 headset, MFJ ‘Big Stick’ antenna and RG8X coax, Gordon West amateur license study guide, and a pair of AmateurLogic Faux Gold PL-259 connectors. Thanks to Icom, MFJ, Heil Sound & Gordon West Radio School for making this possible.

1:51:14

Download
    YouTube

Note: Grape juice shown in photo.

KE5QKR, NL7W, K2NCC and 3 others like this.
  2. K4HBK

K4HBK Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations George, Tommy and the whole crew. 13 years of producing quality video podcasts is a heck of an accomplishment all by itself. Promoting and exposing amateur radio to the masses is an exceptional benefit.

At some point it woud be cool if you could do a one off show about the growth of video podcasting. Your insight would be better than most given your long experience and would no doubt be entertaining (I've seen some of your earlier "retrospective" work - it's a hoot).

Cheers to 13 more years!

KE5QKR, NL7W, K2NCC and 1 other person like this.
  3. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Absolute praise and cheers for ALTV for 13 years of quality. Way to go Uncle George and Tommy.

KE5QKR and W5JDX like this.
  4. KJ7WT

KJ7WT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have really liked ALTV. George and Tommy and the rest of the crew are people I'd like to have as neighbors, and the fact that they don't take themselves too seriously adds to the appeal of the program. I hope that they continue to enjoy making the videos!

KE5QKR, NL7W and W5JDX like this.
  5. WB8LBZ/SK2023

WB8LBZ/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats on 13 years of ALTV, may there be many more. I have done the project that Tommy did, good learning experience. Emile covered a lot of ground. I had to take notes and rewind several times. Lots of good info in this one.

73, Larry WB8LBZ
    El Paso, TX

6. NN1Q

NN1Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Amazing gentlemen and amazing content. Met them at the Huntsville Hamfest and were all very friendly and just as fun as on the ALTV Podcast. Congratulations!

73, Ed KM4FXK
    Brentwood, TN

KE5QKR, NL7W and W5JDX like this.
  7. WB4YAL

WB4YAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations fellows. I always enjoy your shows and it is nice to see a light-hearted program that informs us about ham radio.

8. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Met one of them at Xenia (Dayton) the other year. Miss-sippi folks are some of the best! :)

W5JDX likes this.