ad: elecraft

Amateur Vanity Callsign Processing Suspended

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K5XS

K5XS Ham Member QRZ Page

2. NC5S

NC5S Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep "wow" some people just don't know when to quit.

3. W6YNS

W6YNS Ham Member QRZ Page

I was using that for an example for somebody who may find it offensive to have a callsign like KW0GAY; if they happen to be a person who is hetrosexual and they don't like being mislabeled as a gay person.  Maybe the person maybe overweight and they happen to get the callsign WK9FAT if they happen to be sensitive they may want the callsign to be changed to something more suitable like KS9TUD( that stands for Stud by the way) to their physique or liking.

If a person wants a Corvette, he should have a Corvette.
    If the person is proud of the fact they are homosexual and they want the callsign they should be allow to have it.

4. NC5S

NC5S Ham Member QRZ Page

But there's always some dink who wants to make an issue out of one that isn't there. Sort of like looking for a cat in a dark room where no cat exists. But finding one anyway.

No one is spreading hate or bigotry here. It exists only in the mind of the accuser.

5. VE7RFH

VE7RFH Ham Member QRZ Page

So there was no cat in this dark room?
    I don't think so, judging from the responses here.
    Plenty of hatred and bigotry on full display here.

6. NC5S

NC5S Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, there is hate here and it's coming from you.

Of course, I'm sure that you also think that beastiality is an acceptable life style if ones brother or sister happen to be into it. How about pedophilia or polygamy?

Why don't you give it up. The more you post, the more your stupidity is showing.

I'll have no more to say to you as the following applies.

"Never argue with an idiot (you) He will just bring you down to his level and defeat you with experience."

7. VE7RFH

Yes, I despise bigotry and prejudice of all kinds, don't you?

Pray tell me, where is there any connection between homosexuality, beastiality, incest, polygamy and paedophilia? Your unsubstantiated connection of these displays your own abject ignorance.

The stupid ones in this discussion are the bigots, and they more often than not also proclaim themselves to be the most devout and religious too.

8. K4JF

K4JF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey, you're the kind of person the "vanity" system was made for. And the reason I think "vanity" is simply the wrong word. What's wrong with using the same thing the states do on tags and call it the "personal" callsign system?

9. K4JF

K4JF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The only hatred and bigotry I saw was from someone objecting to people wanting a suitable callsign and using a very good example of an objectional one.

Before the vanity program was in place, I knew a person who received a callsign in regular rotation that ended with the letters "FAG". He would not operate until he could upgrade and get a new call. Only an idiot would criticize him for it. (Oh, Canada, if the shoe fits.....)

10. VE7RFH

The more you post defending indefensible hatred and bigotry, the more you damn yourselves. Just read the litany of prejudice and hatred from American hams that this thread has begun since I was told that the call letters GAY were undesirable and I asked why. You are all a truly sorry lot. The sad thing is you evidently represent such a large proportion of the American people.

11. W6YNS

W6YNS Ham Member QRZ Page

Wellput..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.