Amateur Software by DJ1YFKhttp://www.qsl.net/dj1yf

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KJ5T, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good evening, I thought I would take this moment to make a plug for a friend of mine from the WWYC group. Fabian, DJ1YFK has written several programs that go along with ham radio. Two programs are for logging, one is a QRZ.com/QRZ.ru plugin for Mozilla/Firefox and the other is a morse code training program called "qrq".

For those of you involved in the Linux/UNIX world and would like to get rid of the Windows box in your shack, here is a good start to get into logging. I have been using YFKlog since one of the earlier versions and I am now using version 0.2.2 and as for stability and simplicity I am rather happy. Great multi-purpose general logging app that has functions such as keeping up with your QSO stats, QSLing, and uploading your logs directly to the internet.

The other logging application is YFKtest, still in its infant stages (he just started this project early this month) it already has support for four contests and he has written it so after all the features are in place he will be able to add dozens of other contests.

Look for great things from DJ1YFK and try out these programs. I have both programs on my Ubuntu Linux 6.06LTS and obviously have no issues what-so-ever. Try them today!

http://www.qsl.net/dj1yfk/

2. VE3SRE

VE3SRE Ham Member QRZ Page

This is great news!

I have an old clunker Pentium Pro 180 with 128 MB RAM and a 6 GB HDD in the shack running Windows 2000 and it's only purpose is for contest logging. All of my "newer" machines run Linux.

I usually have to do weeks of updates every time I turn this old beast on (most of the time it's turned off!)

I'd like to convert my dinosaur Pentium Pro 180 to Linux and then give it away [​IMG] Thanks to DJ1YFK and PA0R this is getting closer!

73 de VE3SRE

3. AK7V

AK7V Ham Member QRZ Page

I am really excited about QRQ, since I can no longer run RUFZ (I don't have windows anymore).  I have a problem with it, though -- I can't use the backspace key or the function keys in qrq, so if I type an error, I can't fix it.  I also can't use F6 to hear a call again.  (For example, if I press backspace, it displays ^G)  Arrow keys also don't work.

I don't have this problem with any other programs and I've tried running it in different terminals (xterm, aterm, gnome-terminal, console mode).  Still have the problem.  Tried with $TERM=rxvt, linux, vt100, xterm

Is there something wrong with my ncurses?  I'm kind of at a loss.  OS is Ubuntu.  No combination I've tried lets the backspace and arrow keys and function keys work.

4. DJ1YFK

DJ1YFK Guest

5. AK7V

AK7V Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you!  It works perfectly!  I was going to ask for a binary to try if nobody had a different idea. [​IMG]

Must be something wrong with my ncurses.  Silly Ubuntu.  

Anyway, thanks again - great program.

6. DJ1YFK

DJ1YFK Guest

OK, glad to hear it works now!

Not sure what's wrong with Ubuntu's curses, or if I wrote some bad code, but so far I had no problems to compile and use 'qrq' on several different distributions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.