ad: elecraft

Amateur Repeater Station W6NUT

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Sep 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K2TFT

K2TFT Guest

You ought to hear the crap around NYC on the vhf/uhf cb bands. I wish the new "restructed" licensing systems soon to be put in place by the can company would allow HF priviliges ONLY on 75 meters for the no load notech or whatever license and let them go head to head with those good ole boys...har har. Lets see those no tech bozos try to get it on with the high powered rednecks.
    NUFF SAID get outta your diapers w6nut!

2. kd8zp

kd8zp QRZ Member

Great scot!! Nixon just resigned!!

3. W7FSQ

W7FSQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Your kidding what did Nixon resign from [​IMG]

4. N0DOZ

N0DOZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Headline:
    "AA7BQ TAKEN HOSTAGE BY COMPUTER -
    APPLE SWAT TEAM MOVING IN TO ATTEMPT RESCUE"
    'BQ calls for help by posting old messages as an SOS
    Windows denies responsibility

5. W9GRN

W9GRN QRZ Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KD5UJX @ June 02 2004,13:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why can't we just all get a Looonnnngggggg.......neck, and drink to all man kind  [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I'll drink to that! [​IMG]

6. K6BBC

K6BBC Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (k7kwh @ June 02 2004,21:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well..........as of 10.00 this morning  the crusty mess called the 147.435 repeater has NOT changed one bit since all the "transfers of ownership".  At times, 27.185 MHz in the immediate vicinity of a truck stop has MUCH cleaner language than .435  [​IMG]  What a disgrace to amateur radio.

Maybe Riley needs to make a few personal apperarances.....

My $0.02 worth[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    The disgrace to amateur radio is that the 435 repeater is just about the only active repeater in Southern California. Sure, it’s a bit unorthodox, but that is amplified by the fact it is the only place on 2 meters where people are consistently talking. And, very often the conversations will be quite interesting – unlike the mind numbing crap that is mostly heard on the other repeaters. Don’t believe me. Check out the CARS system on 6 meters. Wide coverage of most of So. Cal. Into Arizona. The only time there is any activity on the system is for a Thursday evening net where stations exchange weather reports. Now how stupid is that?

K6BBC

7. WB6VPM

WB6VPM Ham Member QRZ Page

ok, now think about it for a minute, since the date is showing sept 13, 2001 in the header, doesnt it stand to reason that the error is not in this "unregistered" guest, but in a glitch in the qrz site? so why are we flaming him for something that was posted almost 3 years ago, wasnt put up, and now all of a sudden, becuase the computer made a mistake, we start up this unregistered guest argument again.

8. kd8zp

kd8zp QRZ Member

Aha!!

9. W9GRN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (wb6vpm @ June 04 2004,14:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok, now think about it for a minute, since the date is showing sept 13, 2001 in the header, doesnt it stand to reason that the error is not in this "unregistered" guest, but in a glitch in the qrz site? so why are we flaming him for something that was posted almost 3 years ago, wasnt put up, and now all of a sudden, becuase the computer made a mistake, we start up this unregistered guest argument again.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I'm sorry,they always tell me computers don't make mistakes but people do. Hey, it happens. [​IMG]

10. WL7LZ/SK2024

WL7LZ/SK2024 Ham Member QRZ Page

<span style='color:RED'>I LEFT MESSAGE FOR BQ.

Group: Members
    Posted: June 05 2004,21:19
    Hello sir,
    There is a thread up with a date 4 years old. Wondering if it was a glitch in QRZ.COM server.

The thread name is:
    Topic: Amateur Repeater Station W6NUT, FCC-Enforcement

It also shows your callsign as the originator of the thread yet it shows GUEST in the message origin.

Just fyi for you.

73 de Mark
    [​IMG]
    </span>

11. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

The "moderator" knows very well what has happened. Unfortunately, he hasn't removed the old stuff that has resurfaced due to their system clock error. So, what you see is what you get.

Maybe its time for a thread "restructuring" so that currently relevant topics don't get truncated to la-la land from such stuff being unearthed.

12. KB2SEO

KB2SEO Ham Member QRZ Page

Like we don't have a thousand other things to consider?

Gee, I Passed my First License, tech Plus with 1 wrong written, and 5 WPM by the skin of my teeth
    I passed my General -100 written, 100 13 wpm

I got 3 wrong on my Advanced-ON A DARE

I CHOKED ON THE WRITTEN FOR EXTRA...Twice! But managed to get 20 WPM.

My Point? I am human. I am not perfect. Nor are YOU and nor is the folks at QRZ.

BUT QRZ is making ONE HELL OF A GRAND EFFORT. And I for one will Back them 100% anything less, find another webpage to whine on!

13. Guest

Guest Guest

The KG6DVO Repeater (147.435 in Los Angeles, CA) is the finest and most entertaining amateur radio repeater in the entire United States.  I should know, I own it!  Am I a bit biased?  Absolutely.  435 is the most active repeater I know of.  Yes there is some foul language, yes the topic of conversation can be a bit over the edge at times but we have a huge following of regular users, listeners and SWL's which tells me people like it.  I love it!  If you don't like what you hear on my repeater simply spin the VFO or push the "off" button but don't whine and cry about it.  If you ever visit the L.A. area, bring your radio, 350 watt amplifier and 26 element beam antenna.  That way you can key up and say hello [​IMG]   All kidding aside, we have a lot of fun on this repeater and we have a lot of great gatherings and events.  Did any of you hear the praise we got from Amateur Radio Newsline for saving another Hams life?  When called upon, we too can raise to the occasion and live up to the basis and purpose of Amateur Radio.  We simply have a hell of a lot of fun in between emergencies.
    73 for now - Gary Elmer, KG6DVO

14. W0LC

W0LC Ham Member QRZ Page

**KERCHUNK**
    **KERCHUNK**

15. W9GRN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (w6nut2 @ June 09 2004,22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The KG6DVO Repeater (147.435 in Los Angeles, CA) is the finest and most entertaining amateur radio repeater in the entire United States.  I should know, I own it!  Am I a bit biased?  Absolutely.  435 is the most active repeater I know of.  Yes there is some foul language, yes the topic of conversation can be a bit over the edge at times but we have a huge following of regular users, listeners and SWL's which tells me people like it.  I love it!  If you don't like what you hear on my repeater simply spin the VFO or push the "off" button but don't whine and cry about it.  If you ever visit the L.A. area, bring your radio, 350 watt amplifier and 26 element beam antenna.  That way you can key up and say hello [​IMG]   All kidding aside, we have a lot of fun on this repeater and we have a lot of great gatherings and events.  Did any of you hear the praise we got from Amateur Radio Newsline for saving another Hams life?  When called upon, we too can raise to the occasion and live up to the basis and purpose of Amateur Radio.  We simply have a hell of a lot of fun in between emergencies.
    73 for now - Gary Elmer, KG6DVO[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I was kinda wondering Gary if your kids are aloud to listen to your repeater when some one is using foul language.What are you thinking when someone is trying to start a hobby with his family and they can't because of objectional language on the airwaves.I'm not against anyone having fun,just remember that people are listening out there including the FCC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.