ad: MyersEng-1

Amateur Radio Whiners

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Apr 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

RFBURN writes "After reading some of the posts on this website I've come to the conclusion that there are alot of whiners in the ham radio community. Most of the complaints dealt with unauthorized transmissions on 10M and 12M, and the new no/low code requirements.

As far as foreign interference on 10 and 12 meters, I've monitored these frequencies and don't think it poses that big of a problem.
    I think field day activities by licensed hams cause much worse interference problems, and on a much wider portion of the spectrum.
    Much of the unauthorized 10 and 12M transmissions come from "export" radios. These radios are sold in the U.S. through a loophole in the law (Exportradios.com). These radios will not go below 12M,
    so when the present sunspot cycle declines this problem will fix itself.

As far as no/low code. I think most of the hams opposed to no code are the ones that are proficient at code. They have a holier than thou attitude to the no coders. No one is suggesting that they stop using CW, just don't force the rest of us to learn it.
    With shrinking numbers, I think no code is a great incentive to get more people interested in the hobby."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.