ad: Radclub22-1

Amateur Radio Science Experiment at HAARP?

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KL4IU, Aug 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KL4IU

KL4IU Ham Member QRZ Page

AD5KO likes this.
  2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations! I shall be monitoring.

KL4IU likes this.
  3. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

Alaska has some 'colorful' folks in the history books - Jefferson Randolph Soapy Smith comes to mind.

He used the same methods of operation when he settled in the towns of Creede and Skagway, opening businesses with the primary goal of gently robbing his customers, while making a name for himself. He died in spectacular fashion in the shootout on Juneau Wharf in Skagway.

Motto - "I steal from the other guy and pass the saving on to you "

KL4IU likes this.
  4. KL4IU

KL4IU Ham Member QRZ Page

My experiment is slated for 9/23 at 9:00 PM (21:00) AKST / 5:00 UT. 2.8 MHz and 3.3 MHz.
    Also, due to a last minute change my time will be rounded up from 12 to 15 minutes. So I will be doing something creative for the last 3 minutes - but I am not sure what just yet!
    I'm on Twitter if you care to follow along @KL4IU. I'll be looking for DX reports!

KL4IU

5. NL7IB

NL7IB Ham Member QRZ Page

Dang, all this time I thought this was Chilkoot Charlie's (Mr. Whitekeys) motto.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  6. KL7AJ

Soapy Smith's restaurant in Fairbanks has the world's second best hamburgers. Monderosa Lodge in Nenana has the #1 best. :)

KL4IU likes this.
  7. KL7AJ

Soapy opened a fake telegraph office in which the wires went only as far as the wall. Not only did the telegraph office obtain fees for "sending" messages, but also cash-laden victims soon found themselves losing even more money in poker games with newfound "friends".

KL4IU likes this.
  8. N1ART

N1ART Guest

Why not reopen a telegraph office ? Everyone texts each other nowadays instead of calling each other on the phone.
    Heck I bet they bring the carrier pigeon back too!

9. TWEAKBOX

TWEAKBOX QRZ Member

You can use TweakBox for different Radio apps as well.

10. AA9G

AA9G Ham Member QRZ Page

So what happened with the experiment?