ad: MyersEng-1

Amateur Radio & Satellite Workshop Conducted at Marwadi University Rajkot India on Engineering Day

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VU2EXP, Sep 28, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. VU2EXP

VU2EXP Ham Member QRZ Page

a Fascinating World of Ham Radio and Amateur Radio Satellites Workshop by Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP.jpg

Dear Hams,

In India on 15th Sep 2022, on occasion of National Engineering Day, an excellent Workshop titled "Fascinating World of Ham Radio & Amateur Radio Satellites" was conducted by AMSAT-INDIA's Regional Coordinator Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP at reputed Marwadi University Rajkot - Gujarat. It was half day (10:00 AM to 02:00 PM IST) interactive workshop full of presentations, Audio Visual Documentary, Practical Demos, Q & A sessions and Radio stuff Exhibition with live operation.

There were 80 B.Tech students participated from ICT Dept + MU's Student Satellite Project team! Yes recently Marwadi University has announced to build a Student Satellite and it would be launched by ISRO, this whole satellite team was present in this workshop to learn more on subject and clear their doubts.

Our radio ham team includes YL Sakshi Vagadia VU3EXP & YL Shyama Vagadia VU3WHG, both member extended great support to setup VHF station, organise & display Radio Stuff and assisting in practical demos including SSTV, Digital & VHF FM Demo with groups! Btw Shyama VU3WHG also remains one of the student coordinator of this event as well as Team member of Student Satellite Project.

All Participants gained knowledge on broad spectrum of topics from CW to Cube Satellites! In first session Radio fundamental, operating protocols, radio jargons, licensing procedure etc were covered. In second session participants were briefed with various Ham radio events like FD, Hilltop, Light House activation, POTA, IOTA, EME, Satellite tracking, SatCom, High Altitude Balloon tracking, ARISS SSTV & Student outreach program which gives exposure to gain knowledge & develop skills from outside radio Shack activities also!

Lots of fruitful discussion happens during workshop and students were satisfied with all of their queries.

In workshop we had gracious presence of Shri Naresh Jadeja (Registrar), Dr. R. Sridaran (Dean), Dr. Jaypalsinh (MCA Dept), and Dr. Shobhit Patel (Researcher). We also get positive response from Marwadi University authorities to be engaged with AMSAT-INDIA to conduct more programs / projects in upcoming period for benefit of student community.

We also thank to Shri C. D. Parmar Sir (HOD ICT) and Program Coordinator Prof Mitesh Solanki for all the great support provided to make this workshop successful.

I am glad to notice this Ham workshop created a Ham buzz in the Marwadi University campus. For me too it was great honor to present and share my best knowledge amongst budding engineers on the occasion of Engineering Day!

We share herewith memorable photos of the event, please enjoy and have your feedback.

Thank you

Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP
    Rajkot (Gujarat) India
    Regional Coordinator
    West India Zone
    AMSAT-INDIA
    M: +91-9898283916
    Email: vu2exp (at) gmail (dot) com
    www.qrz.com/db/vu2exp

b Student Coordinator Shyama Vagadia VU3WHG at Marwadi University Rajkot Gujarat.jpg
    (Student Coordinator Shyama Vagadia VU3WHG and Dhruv Vyas at Ham Radio Workshop at Marwadi University Rajkot Gujarat)

c VU2EXP Rajesh Vagadia Setellite Cube Sat presentation at Marwadi University.jpg
    (Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP Highlights on Satellite Communication, Cube Satellites, Satellite Tracking, Radio & Antenna used for Satellite Communication etc during Amateur Radio Workshop at Marwadi University Rajkot (Gujarat) India)

Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP Interaction with ICT and Marwadi University Student Satellite Project Team.jpg
    (Speaker Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP had Lots of Interaction with ICT and Marwadi University Student Satellite Project Team during Ham Radio Workshop at Rajkot - Gujarat)

Naresh Jadeja Registrar Prof CD Parmar Ham Radio workshop Marwadi College Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP.jpg
    (Gracious presence of Shri Naresh Jadeja (Registrar) Marwadi University and Prof C.D. Parmar (HOD ICT) at Ham Radio workshop conducted by Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP Regional Coordinator AMSAT-INDIA)

f VU2EXP Rajesh Vagadia gives SSTV Demo at Marwadi University Rajkot Gujarat.jpg
    (VU2EXP Rajesh Vagadia gives Live SSTV Demo over VHF at Marwadi University Rajkot Gujarat)

g VU2EXP Rajesh Vagadia Digital Communication Demo at Marwadi University Rajkot Gujarat.jpg
    (VU2EXP Rajesh Vagadia carried Live Digital Communication Demo (PSK over VHF) during Ham Radio Workshop at Marwadi University Rajkot Gujarat)

h VU2EXP Rajesh Vagadia VHF Demo - ARISS Student Outreach Program.jpg
    (Four group of Student enjoyed & experienced VHF Demo given by Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP, Shyama Vagadia VU3WHG, Sakshi Vagadia VU3EXP during Ham Radio Workshop at Marwadi University Rajkot)

Ham Radio Satellite Proj Prof R Sridaran Sobhit Patel Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP Marwadi University.jpg
    (Gracious Presence of Prof. R Sridaran (Dean) Marwadi University, Prof C.D. Parmar (HOD ICT), Dr. Jaypalsinh Gohil, Dr. Shobhit Patel. Had good discussion to have more program / projects in future with AMSAT-INDIA. Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP gave good overview of Amateur Radio hobby covering CW to Cube Satellites)

Naresh Jadeja Marwadi University CD Parmar ICT Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP Shyama VU3WHG Sakshi VU3EXP.jpg
    (Shri Naresh Jadeja (Registrar) of Marwadi University appreciated for great efforts to exhibit Ham Radio Stuffs for the benefit of ICT Students and Satellite Project team. Group photo includes (L to R): Program Coordinator Prof. Mitesh Solanki, Prof. C.D. Parmar (HOD ICT), Shri Naresh Jadeja (Reegistrar) Marwadi University, AMSAT-INDIA Regional Coordinator Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP, Shyama Vagadia VU3WHG, Sakshi Vagadia VU3EXP)

KC7JNJ, KN4OLA, 2E0CIT and 11 others like this.
  2. VE4SW

VE4SW Ham Member QRZ Page

Great job! Glad you are doing this!

K9EZ and VU2EXP like this.
  3. VU2EXP

Thank you so much VE4SW for encouraging our radio activities.
    Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP

4. VU2KOC

VU2KOC Ham Member QRZ Page

congratulations VU2EXP Rajesh ji
    De VU
    2KOC

VU2EXP likes this.
  5. VU2EXP

Thank you so much Dear Omprakashji. I am getting great support from you for all my Radio activities. recently during my AT3VLH Lighthouse activation you gave me nice opportunity to be guest HF Net Controller for Hambel Belgaum net on 7.050 MHz.
    Thank you once again.
    Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP

6. K9EZ

K9EZ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

WOW! Great job!

7. VU2EXP

Thank you dear Kent K9EZ.
    It was lovely event enjoyed by all. Btw, in QRZ.Com profile you have wonderful pic with famous Indian Tajmahel at Agra! Nice to see you in India.
    Do plan to visit my qth Rajkot during your next visit to India!
    Thank you,
    Rajesh VU2EXP

8. VU2EXP

I also thanks all viewers and below hams to like and encourage our Ham Radio & Satellite workshop;
    K9EZ, VK3PYE, WD4DXQ, A65DB, VU2USA, KC3EWJ, DO1FER, W8IXI, W8QI, W4BBP, VE3PQX...
    Thank you 73
    Rajesh VU2EXP

9. VK6HIL

VK6HIL Ham Member QRZ Page

Fantastic effort - congratulations on such a great presentation.

KC7JNJ and VU2EXP like this.
  10. VU2EXP

Hi Graeme VK6HIL,
    Thank you for encouraging us with your kind compliments.
    I seen your qrz profile, so impressive, you had wonderful rigs and had similar interests as of mine like using Digital modes/SSTV etc. Do try chasing FM Satellites, it's so addictive and could be experimented with pair of HT's and portable dual band directional antenna! Check any AMSAT website to get more details, or please feel free to contact me anytime for any guidance.
    Thank you once again.
    73 from India
    Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP

11. VU2DSI

VU2DSI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hats off for your activity. Keep it up!!!!
    VU2DSI. DATTA.

VU2EXP likes this.
  12. VU2EXP

Thank you Dear Dattaji VU2DSI. Always getting wonderful support from you.
    My best wishes for your upcoming AU2JCB Activation to celebrate birth anniversary of Sir Jagdish Chandra Bose.
    Thank you
    Rajesh VU2EXP

13. VU2MZT

VU2MZT Ham Member QRZ Page

great job

VU2EXP likes this.
  14. VU2EXP

Thank you VU3IZJ
    Rajesh VU2EXP

15. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

looks like you got some real quality young people I’m glad you can get them together to do this.

VU2EXP likes this.