ad: ProAudio-1

Amateur Radio Roundtable Tues nights

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5KUB, Feb 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W5KUB

W5KUB Ham Member QRZ Page

This week Rich W2VU gives us a peek into next months CQ magazine. Joe Eisenberg K0NEB, tells us about the Yuma Hamfest and shows us some new kits. Darryl Young, K5DGY teaches us the having a tech license does not restrict us in receiving many awards and certificates. Plus much more. Don't forget to send in your questions for Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH, retired special council to the FCC, to answer. Also send in your shack pictures and we will put them on the Tues night show. You can watch Amateur Radio Roundtable every Tues night at 8:00 PM central time on W5KUB.COM (0200 UTC Wed) Our show is also simulcast on famous international shortwave station WBCQ on 5130 Khz. We invite you to join our ham radio facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/w5kub/

2. WB2JIX

WB2JIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I assume "next month" is really the February issue!

W4KVW likes this.
  3. WB2QWH

WB2QWH Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe they are talking about the March issue, which we MIGHT receive by May.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    KB1LN, W4KVW and WU8Y like this.
  4. K7FD

K7FD Subscriber QRZ Page

I actually did receive the February issue a few days ago! Within the month of February! What's more, it's pretty beefy and has interesting articles. I like it better than QST, which IMHO has gone backwards with its latest style changes.

John K7FD

WA4EE, N2AMM, WA9BNZ and 8 others like this.
  5. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

"Next Month" is like the "Free Beer Tomorrow" sign at the bar.

KB1LN, KC8YXA and WU8Y like this.
  6. N9NY

N9NY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great magazine! Hope they can keep it going regardless of the past bumps in the road

N2AMM, KB1LN, W4KVW and 2 others like this.
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like CQ is on the mend. Time to pony up for a sub.

N2AMM, N6QPT, KA2FIR and 2 others like this.
  8. KI6PMD

KI6PMD Ham Member QRZ Page

Last year every copy was a month late ! & one was a month & a have late ! & one never came ! I would never buy another copy of that rag again ! Thank god for QST !!! & AMSAT Journal !

WB8NUT and WU8Y like this.
  9. VE3KG

VE3KG Ham Member QRZ Page

Count your blessings! I bought a three-year subscription to CQ in 2012 and I'm still waiting for it to be fulfilled. CQ is no longer able to deliver outside the US.

My several e-mail exchanges with W2VU have yielded assurances that they're working on the problem, but no results as yet.

WB8NUT and VE5RH like this.
  10. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

If CQ would get it's act together many more would subscribe but when the issues are so late at arriving if at all it runs people away.I'll just hold out & see if they stay afloat & can get the issues out earlier than they are now.I much prefer it over QST which I no longer get since I stopped wasting my money with the ARRL.I have not missed either of those.I don't know that I would risk more than a 1 year subscription at a time but time will tell. {:>)

Clayton
    W4KVW

KC8YXA likes this.
  11. WB8NUT

Ha, that's funny.

12. WB8NUT

Still waiting for my refund. That was three years ago. Just consider it money you threw away on something worthless. You'll never see it again. In the future, only deal with ethical businesses and ethical people running those businesses.

13. WB2JIX

WB2JIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I only subscribe one year at a time. Minimizes the loss potential.
    I will say, the content is improving. They should eliminate hamfest & contest listings until they get the on-time mailing figured out.
    I would think that skipping two issues last year would have them caught up. They missed that opportunity.

14. KR4BD

KR4BD Ham Member QRZ Page

It’s February 28. I am still waiting to receive the February issue. Maybe the March issue will get here first?

WB8NUT likes this.
  15. KI6PMD

KI6PMD Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't count on it ! you will win the lotto first !!! 73 Phil KI6PMD..

WB8NUT likes this.