ad: Alphaant-1

Amateur Radio Roundtable live Tues night

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W5KUB, Nov 25, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W5KUB

W5KUB Ham Member QRZ Page

Tues Nov 28 8 PM central join Martin F. Jue ,Tom Medlin , and Dave Casler for a detailed information how to build your own cobweb antenna. You will see step by step instructions and lessons learned by Tom and Walter NR3V, as they homebrewed this antenna. Martin will answer viewers questions. Lets see what Katie Allen WY7YL is up to. Also we will hear from Craig Thibodeaux, KM4YEC about new Radio Shack stores opening and how ham radio is joining them with in store Maker classes. Watch the show on W5KUB.COM at 8 PM central (0200 UTC Wed) If you have a topic and would like to be on a future show, please contact us. Our program is also simulcast on famous international shortwave station WBCQ on 5130 kHz. We invite you to join our ham radio facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/w5kub/

2. N0TLD

N0TLD Ham Member QRZ Page

Listening now, a bit of a tough signal on 5130kHz in my Ozarks QTH with some fading, but phasing a Wellbrook 1530LNP and a homebrew 72' random L wire brings it in solid on my ol' Hallicrafters S38. Enjoying it very much. I'll 'shut up the keyboard' now and listen on. 73 de Mike

EDIT: As a lonnnngtime SWL (and very new amateur op AE0AC as of 11/21!), I've been a longtime user and fan of Martin F Jue's products. Great to listen to you all.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  3. N0TLD

N0TLD Ham Member QRZ Page

Great roundtable, very interesting stuff. Thanks! 73 de Mike