ad: seapac-1

Amateur Radio Parity Act of 2017 Quietly Killed Off

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N0RC, Sep 5, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

If that represents a factual statement from the FCC it's rather clear that they have (had) no intention of acting on the issue under any present legislation available to them but should the Congress decide to enact specific legislation having to do with the HOA/antenna issue the FCC would develop the necessary regulatory vehicles to put it in play.

2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

That's a direct quote from FCC proceeding. Should have put that in my post, sorry.

K3XR likes this.
  3. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It was also in the link I quoted earlier. I guess nobody reads FCC quotes anymore. :(

4. NE1LL

NE1LL Ham Member QRZ Page

September 29th is Bill Nelson's 76th Birthday.

S. 1534 only requires an application. My community rules don't even allow me to ask for an antenna but all kinds of other things like basketball hoops and leaving garbage cans outside are allowed.

5. N8DC

N8DC Ham Member QRZ Page

And did you know this when you bought the property ? I would like to see this pass also but when looking for a house years ago when they first started the HOA crap I bought in a neighborhood that had towers and antennas. Just saying.
    Dave N8DC

6. KE5ES

KE5ES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Like any other politician. Blackmail or Bribe. "Here are two tickets to Jersey Boys. This is not a Bribe."

7. NE1LL

NE1LL Ham Member QRZ Page

You can't find a community in Florida that does not use the boiler plate CAI CC&R's. The reality is these associations are a form of government. I drive 1.25 miles down a private road to my home. In order to get out of paying for the road both the city and county declined the roads. Code enforcement is redefined as CC&R's and while the community and developer demand variances a home owner has no such First Amendment right.

Your statement about buying elsewhere is flawed in Florida. Every new community is in an association as a way of government getting out of the business and costs of government.

The rules are so restrictive the guard won't let you pass with a 1/4 wave 2 Meter mobile antenna on your car. I even had my car ruled a commercial vehicle by association definition for having Amateur Radio license plates.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  8. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

You might want to verify that claim as someone else here recently said that about the Sarasota area and subsequently was given a list of a dozen areas where no CC&R antenna limitations exist. That dozen communities represents hundreds of homes. I'm quite sure the Ft Meyers area where you live has a proportionally larger selection.

9. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

According to the chart I've seen, FL is at approximately 40% properties in a HOA (the national rate is around 25%). IIRC, most states are at around 25%.

NE1LL likes this.
  10. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

You may want to reread your Rules & Regulations, I just did.