ad: cq2k-1

Amateur Radio Parity Act Now in Senate!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W8LV, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

More trash talk that doesn't help his cause. If anything, it'll get the thread locked (or deleted).
    And then, in the same post, he has the gall to say "Best Regards and All the Best!" o_O

2. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

No Trash Talk here...you'd just like to SEE my posts deleted.

And... Even IF...

The Bill?

It's Still HAPPENING.

73 and All the Best!
    DE W8LV Bill

3. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

"when you move into an hoa you sign up willingly"

Your KID, who wasn't even around then, and takes up Ham radio, DIDN'T sign anything.

"follow the rules if you agree to it"

Change the Laws, under the Rule of Law, in a Free Country, when the existing law is RIDICULOUS.

"not everyone likes towers and antennas."

Don't Care. I don't like Bird Feeders. But they're not in MY yard. Even though I can see them. Neighbors Bird Feeders? Not my Business. My Antenna?
    Not my Neighbors Business!

"I personally do so I do not live in an hoa community."

Well Goody-Goody for you!

"It's Simple"

Yes, it is! Change the Stupid Law! Oh Yea, we are!

73 and All the Best!
    DE Bill W8LV

KF4ZKU and WU8Y like this.
  4. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

"He hasn't. He will kill the bill."

Oh Really? Word is he heard a thing or two, or three, from the Ham Radio constituency in The Sunshine State...

The "END" of Amateur Radio?
    Hahahahahahaha!

That's been predicted since oh about 1914 or so.

But you keep on trying.
    We enjoy the Amusement.
    Really. Really!

73 and All the Best!

DE W8LV Bill

5. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's merely been introduced and referred to a committee, by a Senator who is freindly to the ARRL.

There are 6,400 other bills that have been introduced and referred to that same committee. Very few of them will ever make it out of committee, and not many of those will become law.

That is hardly "HAPPENING".

Otherwise nothing has changed from last Congress. It's still a bad bill for the future of amateur radio.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  6. NN4RH

The facts have been public for a couple of years. It's all over the ARRL website for one thing. Haven't you been paying attention?

7. NN4RH

And word is that he's heard a lot more than just a "thing or two" from the Community Association constituency from around the country. Is he willing to peeve of the thousands who live in HOAs with the expectation that they won't have to see antennas, versus a handful of hams.

8. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

It's taken the Next Step in The Process.

And the Bill is GOOD for Ham Radio.

73 and All the Best!
    DE W8LV Bill

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

And yet K1VR --a prefessional attorney well known to this community-- has shown it is fatally flawed as worded.

Why are you ignoring this?

10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Bill,

The rational and meaningful objections to the present wording of the bill have been amply aired on QRZed. You seem to be ignoring this.

Based on consultation with several attorneys, I killed my efforts to build a superstation in rural KY --because this bill , if passed, would create years of legal problems and likely half a million or more in legal bills, with negative resolution.

Well-known attorney K1VR gave a PUBLIC TALK on the bill at DAYTON HAMVENTION this past May, and cordially but irrevocably pointed out the bill's fatal flaws for ham radio.

WHY ARE YOU IGNORING THIS?

11. KC2QMA

KC2QMA Ham Member QRZ Page

This might help people that are a bit lost :)

K1SZO likes this.
  12. KA4VNM

KA4VNM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It is interesting to see that there is so much critique of a simple bill. This is really no different than the bill that forced HOA's to allow "Dish" and other satellite providers antenna space and installation. The issue, if there is one, is what will happen once the FCC gets its regulatory authority involved. Does anyone have the text of K1VR's talk at Dayton? I would be interested in reading it.

13. KA4VNM

KA4VNM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They may actually have no choice once the FCC rules are approved. They would have to comply. The real fight starts after the bill is passed and the Notices of proposed rule making are set forth. That is where we as Ham's are going to have to present justifications for allowing our antennas and those justifications are wide ranging. That being said, compromises are better than no antennas at all and that is part of the problem. This is going to go on for year or more until the weight of the FCC and government forces HOA's to be reasonable and conform. Just like what happened with satellite antennas. We have a long road ahead even if it passes. Now is the time to write and call. We won't get another chance for a while if it doesn't pass this time. I live near DC and I can tell you, small victories are how things chance. Once it gets to the FCC then the real work begins. But at least we will be on friendly ground. Hope.....is great, action is performance.

Pat de KA4VNM

14. KN4BSH

KN4BSH Ham Member QRZ Page

I am confused... does this bill relate to HOA only? What happens if you do not live in HOA?

15. KQ4KK

KQ4KK Ham Member QRZ Page

It has been said that the HOA lobby has worked on this bill and changes had been made so they now agree to it.

IF the HOA agrees this bill. THEY have very good reasons to. And it is not in the interest of the HAM operator. Read between the lines, and beware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.