Amateur Radio Parity Act Now in Senate!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W8LV, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

He hasn't. He will kill the bill.

IMO the ARRL is depending on this to get them out of a fatal situation: the bill is a disaster for ham radio as written.

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeh, the end of almost all ham radio in the US....

3. N0AMY

N0AMY Ham Member QRZ Page

when you move into an hoa you sign up willingly.. follow the rules if you agree to it .. not everyone likes towers and antennas. I personally do so I do not live in an hoa community.. it is simple..

WD4DXQ and WA7PRC like this.
  4. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Had the OP checked at all, he would've seen this is not a new topic. Another identical thread was created several days ago.

Right out of the gate, he insults the opposition. Nice. Apparently, he wants to start a thread, and simultaneously create animosity. An old expression applies: "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

5. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not about attracting flies with Honey. It's about flies hovering around a different material, which matched their "Facts," in both content, and Smell!

The FACT is that the Bill is moving Forward, and it's going to become Law. In Spite of the HOA Lapdogs and the CC&R Lackies. They don't like this. They HOPED that it would Go Away. But it hasn't. It's HAPPENING.

73 and All the Best!
    DE W8LV Bill

6. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

More trash talk that doesn't help his cause. If anything, it'll get the thread locked (or deleted).
    And then, in the same post, he has the gall to say "Best Regards and All the Best!" o_O

7. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

No Trash Talk here...you'd just like to SEE my posts deleted.

And... Even IF...

The Bill?

It's Still HAPPENING.

73 and All the Best!
    DE W8LV Bill

8. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

"when you move into an hoa you sign up willingly"

Your KID, who wasn't even around then, and takes up Ham radio, DIDN'T sign anything.

"follow the rules if you agree to it"

Change the Laws, under the Rule of Law, in a Free Country, when the existing law is RIDICULOUS.

"not everyone likes towers and antennas."

Don't Care. I don't like Bird Feeders. But they're not in MY yard. Even though I can see them. Neighbors Bird Feeders? Not my Business. My Antenna?
    Not my Neighbors Business!

"I personally do so I do not live in an hoa community."

Well Goody-Goody for you!

"It's Simple"

Yes, it is! Change the Stupid Law! Oh Yea, we are!

73 and All the Best!
    DE Bill W8LV

KF4ZKU and WU8Y like this.
  9. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

"He hasn't. He will kill the bill."

Oh Really? Word is he heard a thing or two, or three, from the Ham Radio constituency in The Sunshine State...

The "END" of Amateur Radio?
    Hahahahahahaha!

That's been predicted since oh about 1914 or so.

But you keep on trying.
    We enjoy the Amusement.
    Really. Really!

73 and All the Best!

DE W8LV Bill

10. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's merely been introduced and referred to a committee, by a Senator who is freindly to the ARRL.

There are 6,400 other bills that have been introduced and referred to that same committee. Very few of them will ever make it out of committee, and not many of those will become law.

That is hardly "HAPPENING".

Otherwise nothing has changed from last Congress. It's still a bad bill for the future of amateur radio.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.