ad: ProAudio-1

Amateur Radio Parity Act moving forward...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KN6SD, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Subscriber QRZ Page

The ARPA/ARRL bashers have just seen the ultimate Legislative Legal Maneuver done to insure this item becomes law! Sticking it with the NDAA was a stroke of genius since who votes against the NDAA in a an election year! (added exclamation mark for emphasis)

NDAA will sail through the House and the Senate will grumble but pass this without long debate. Not politically expedient to hold this matter up. Run over by the Omnibus LOL.

With Armed Forces nodding to this item to be included on their operating budget, somebody thought is was important to get this item passed.

I envision a bunch of anti parity folks playing with their Perry Mason decoder rings crying in the corner.

W4IOA likes this.
  2. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't think I've committed to either side on this particular thread. But I did respond to a rather haughty response on your part. I think you could have made your point without totally disregarding opinions of others.

3. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Here ARRL goes again, trying to justify stomping on millions of freely-signed contracts/agreements/whatever, to support what most consider a hobby. This, when according to at least one ARRL ARES official (link) actual public need is decreasing. Jerry @N7WR has posted in regard to that. And, there are alternatives to erecting outdoor antennas at home: indoor antennas and/or mobile, portable, club, remote operation.

ALL of ARRL's news stories state that, during/after disasters, hams ARE/HAVE performed service to the public. If ARRL is right that there's increased public need, where are their outcries for MORE participants in ARES and/or NTS? So far, mostly, crickets.

W4POT likes this.
  4. WA7PRC

...that, fortunately, can be undone.

W5WN likes this.
  5. N5PZJ

Not easily or without Political risk of holding up the NDAA, what senator wants to put a hold on the NDAA?

6. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, it's good to know that you read minds. I'll keep that "in mind." ;)

It's funny that the people you are talking about are completely disregarding professional advice from people who know a lot more about the subject than you, me or anybody else in the thread. So it's kind of odd that you would complain about me disregarding opinions of such people. That seems a little backwards. o_O It's okay to ignore professional advice from experts, but it's not okay for me to disregard people who do so?

Then again, such an approach to legislation is why my health care is both unaffordably expensive, and of such poor quality (when I can get it at all). So I guess it's the "new American way..." :(

If ARPA passes into law, and the FCC writes the rule that it instructs them to write, and hams are wondering why their HOA is flying their antenna requests the proverbial middle finger, we can just blame it all on ARPACare... :rolleyes:

7. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham operators will never be reasonable. I wrote that because if they can only have a 28' vertical they will demand a monopole much taller. They will complain thet can't have a roof tower, they will complain they can't have a 75' tower and yagi, if they can't string wires they will complain, if they can't run 1500w they will complain, if they can't have multiple verticals they will complain.
    Hams like others want to do whatever they desire.
    I'm happy in my HOA subdivision, I don't need anyone's help.

K1VSK, WA7PRC and KK5JY like this.
  8. WA7PRC

Any law can be overturned at a later date.

N5PZJ likes this.
  9. N5PZJ

Or even tweaked to improve the ruling.

10. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

...And if the HOA gives them full permission to do those things, that's a problem why again exactly?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.