Amateur Radio Parity Act moving forward...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KN6SD, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

The Parity Act as it is now. Proponents think it is sailing along smoothly..... then WHAMMO!

Vekma_s-200x150.gif

W9JEF and W4IOA like this.
  2. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

"Slippery slope" comes to mind. :p

W9JEF likes this.
  3. WU8Y

WU8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

No, unpossible; every single one of the graduates of Teh Zed School of Law tells us that the bill is an absolutely horrible thing and will destroy ham radio and it's the ARRL's fault and besides, anyone who supports is a cheating welsher of bad morals and poor character.

I'm curious; did these Teh Zed Paragons of Virtue bitch, whine, piss, and moan as much about PRB-1? About OTARD? I could see them doing that about PRB-1 because the ARRL was behind that, but OTARD had nothing to do with the League and it was a much greater imposition on Holy Private Contracts.

Besides, anyone who looked into the racist & bigoted history of CC&Rs and HOAs should, if they were of good character, immediately oppose CC&Rs and HOAs in every way with every fiber of their being.

K4KYV, AF4LY and N5PZJ like this.
  4. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Antennas are a beautiful thing. The bigger, the better as far as radiating an RF signal is concerned.

5. WA7PRC

Receiving, too. And when it comes to not receiving QRM/N, nulling it. :)

W2AI likes this.
  6. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Sometimes keeping out the riff raff is a good thing, I didn't buy to live next to a meth lab.
    You're taking a big leap equating a hobby with 50 year old racism.

7. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

YA. I forgot to add reception. If you can't hear them--you can't work them. Those innate, obstructive, unsightly radio antennas can work wonders in establishing two-way contacts. I happen to have TWO such antennas on my property.

8. WA7PRC

As well and sometimes greater, being able to aim a null at a source of interference can allow you to better hear the station you want to work.

9. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

And yet equating ham radio antenna's with living next to a meth lab isn't taking a big leap...

KO6WB, N5PZJ and K4KYV like this.
  10. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My HOA was fine with all kinds of wires I attempted in my back yard. Unfortunately none of them made a good antenna. I find myself operating portable if I'm interested in operating HF. Oh the stealth wires work...but nothing like a similar inverted vee in the field. By the way I'm enjoying your laundry reel idea. It's a great portable!

KC8VWM and WA7PRC like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.