ad: FlagAnt-1

Amateur Radio Parity Act moving forward...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KN6SD, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. AI4QJ

AI4QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.

2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. :)
    Indeed.
    Excellent point.
    Well, it depends what kind of HOA you have. Your HOA may indeed be like that. Many HOAs around here already have zero authority to regulate antennas. But you seem to understand that...
    Correct.
    That's an interesting idea, and very possible. If the "old ARPA" was injected into NDAA, it would have the ability to be helpful, because it lacked all that "approval" language. It will be interesting to see which version was added, or of some other version was added -- if they were going to bypass the committee process, the least they could have done was to inject a version that wasn't encumbered by unnecessary restrictions on CC&R hams.
    Agreed.

3. KK5JY

It's more like "worse" being the enemy of "better."

K6CLS likes this.
  4. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

After two years of experimenting with HOA stealth antennas I have arrived at the same conclusion I did 22 years ago when I moved into my current HOA. At the time I quit amateur radio. It was and is the correct decision. Most of my operating today is portable. Operating from my home shack is dismal to say the least. Within the next month or two my only rigs will be portable units. I have been playing with operating remote stations and quite frankly the experience is much more satisfying than operating with stealth antennas in my current topography.

I don't doubt that better topography would help my situation, however, we have spent the last 22 years transforming our home into exactly what we want. I'm not moving just to support my ham radio hobby.

I also doubt that the parity act would ever impact my particular topography in any meaningful way. I'm a realist. I just have to find alternatives.....and I'm doing that.

5. KN6SD

KN6SD Ham Member QRZ Page

KK5JY likes this.
  6. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    KK5JY likes this.
  7. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

No it doesn't.

If an HOA doesn't have any existing antenna restrictions, they will continue to not have any antenna restrictions.

The terms of ARPA only applies to HOA's with a set of EXISTING antenna restrictions that preclude the use of amateur radio, it DOES NOT apply to those HOA's who don't have any such written restrictions.

The ARPA does not REQUIRE all HOA's to have antenna restrictions. That is false information.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  8. KK5JY

If you are a practicing attorney, who is a professional in multi-state property and private contract law, then you are welcome to refute the points raised by K1VR. Otherwise, you need to stop talking, because everything you say about the bill is at odds with the professional legal opinions of subject matter experts who are widely published on the subject.

AD0AC and W5WN like this.
  9. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

As a member of the amateur radio community, I will continue to talk as I please and will continue to post my opinions and thoughts on this subject as warranted.

Thank you.

10. KK5JY

W5WN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.