Amateur Radio Parity Act moving forward...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KN6SD, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
  1. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I wouldn't mind them passing the old version of ARPA. It was just PRB-1 for HOAs. Whether that helped anybody or not was between them and their attorneys. For everybody else, no harm, no foul. I'm okay with that, even though it is arguably unconstitutional (again, between the hams and their attorneys).

The new version would have been okay if they had fixed the bugs before submitting it to Congress. Unfortunately, that ship has now sailed. :( That's kind of like taking off from the airport, and climbing to altitude, and then wondering why the oil gauge is reading zero... :eek:

W5WN likes this.
  2. W2AI

W2AI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very simple solution to this discussion as I have written numerous times before.
    If you want to erect an antenna system of your choice; than do NOT purchase property under the control of a Homeowners Association or with CC&Rs attached.
    No legislation is needed for that.

3. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I've read here that there are no options - either buy into an HOA or settle for some old home somewhere in a rural area.

What they are actually saying is that their prerequisites to purchase narrow their market. No antenna limitations is essentially just one of the self-imposed prerequisite just as proximity to __________( fill in the blank). There are always options anyplace. It's more a question of priorities than possibilities.

But it appears some think imposing additional rules, approvals and permissions by virtue of this legislation somehow doesn't add to the HOA rules they seem to dislike. It would be interesting to watch these folks draw a connect-the -dots picture.

WA7PRC likes this.
  4. KN4DQE

KN4DQE Ham Member QRZ Page

My observation about this thread and the other thread posted in the "Amateur Radio News" section - the same 5 people appear to be commandeering these threads, complaining about the APRA. If you guys are so upset about this, why keep posting over and over again in the two threads here? I think your point is taken. I am all for it and can't wait to see what happens if it passes in the NDAA!

N5PZJ likes this.
  5. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Someone is keeping an official record of your opinions?

W5WN likes this.
  6. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess that you don't see the "same" individuals repeatedly posting in favor of this concept.

K1VSK likes this.
  7. W5WN

W5WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am!:)

K1OIK and W4IOA like this.
  8. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

...which is utter nonsense.

I bought a new home in 2010, in a neighborhood of similarly-aged homes, in a busy college town no less, and it has zero CC&R. Just ask my neighbors who park their cars in the street, let their grass grow to several feet tall in the summer, and keep their garage doors closed during the daytime. :)

9. W5WN

W5WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They haven't built a non-HOA new home in over 30 years in the city where I live of almost 300,000 people. The only new homes without mandatory CC&R restrictions and HOAs that I am aware of are 20 miles farther away. So, it's location specific.

I'd like to downsize into a new home close in. At my age I need to be close to doctors, hospitals and transportation. I don't consider an older home without the restrictions an option for multiple reasons. So, I'll just stay where I am, in a prime location in an area as close as one can live to a major employment center. Some working person would probably love to live here.

N2EY likes this.
  10. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

HOA got you by the gonads?

antenna_pretzel.jpg
    Is your antenna down and you can't get it up? Well Pfizer has the
    answer!
    skyagra.jpg
    New SKYAGRA will help you get it up
    and on the air really quick! Are you a
    man that equates antennas with ham
    performance and prowess? Get SKYAGRA