Amateur Radio Parity Act moving forward...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KN6SD, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, it certainly is here. 100% of the owners have to agree to the rewrite, it has to be filed with the court through a lawsuit, etc. I had an attorney walk me through it one time, looking to correct a small problem with a property I was considering buying, and he told me to start with a legal war-chest of about $10k, and to be ready for about two years worth of work. I told the seller "no thank you."

NL7W likes this.
  2. KK5JY

They will be, by law. The terms of @RP@ require the HOA to be involved in an approval process that many HOAs don't even have today. That by itself is more restrictive for people who live in such places.
    ...a self-explaining commentary on your perspective.

3. KN6SD

KN6SD Ham Member QRZ Page

That's a pretty bold statement coming from one of many online sources predicting ARPA would never get out of committee... Other statements went on to criticize the ARRL as just wasting time and money...

Please forgive my lack of enthusiasm for online sources being able to predict the future of anything... Sorry, you're selling, but I'm not buying...…..

Russ

WU8Y likes this.
  4. KK5JY

It didn't make it out of that committee. The League found a representative to stuff it in a defense bill without any further committee action. The committee that added it to NDAA wasn't the committee where the bill is currently stalled.

5. KN6SD

Really, it didn't make it (The Idea / Proposed Law) out of committee???????????????? Well, sounds like you ARPA haters have NOTHING to worry about... According to KK5JY, The Amateur Radio Parity Act is still stuck in committee, and won't be moving forward in the legislative process...

I stand Corrected...…………. YEAH.....…….

6. KK5JY

You used the word "hater," which means you have nothing else to talk about, and are just ranting and name-calling now to try to compensate. 73! ;)

W4IOA likes this.
  7. KN6SD

KK5JY, I think the Collar and Leash are starting to severely restrict the blood flow to your brain......

8. KN6SD

A typical online DODGE...….

9. KK5JY

10. KN6SD

Okay, you typed it, not me...…….. Your statement is a little shaking, just saying, you might think things through a little longer before posting them.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.