ad: HamHats-1

Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. October 9, 2019.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Oct 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

I actually had the Honor of performing at a Music Festival in 2016 where Lynyrd Skynrd was the headliner.I performed on Friday & them on Saturday so I just look at it as if I was an opening act for them & many other great bands & performers.It was the 25th Anniversary Show at the Suwannee River Jam in Live Oak,Florida.Nobody else may not see it that way & that's OK with me. LOL I like both of their music & I grew up with it here in Northeast Florida where it was hometown Southern Rock & Roll for us just 30 miles away.

Clayton
    W4KVW

2. WR4AB

WR4AB Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm going to miss you Larry. We shared a lot of laughs and great qso's on the air over the years. It was a pleasure to finally get to meet you and shake your hand at the Orlando hamfest 3 years ago. Rest in peace my friend....

3. W0FM

W0FM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Met LJ in the late 1980's on 20 Meters. First Eyeball QSO two weeks later at Riverport Ampitheater in St. Louis. Had beers together on the tour bus that night. We became instant friends and joined him many times after concerts. Wonderful man and a solid musician. Rest in peace LJ.