Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. May 13, 2020.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, May 11, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KB7TBT

KB7TBT Ham Member QRZ Page

Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. May 13, 2020.

W2KG, JF1IRQ, AC7DD and 3 others like this.
  2. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

MAY 13, 2020 --national day greeting --vy73 DJOAJ ekrem

3. K4XJ

K4XJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Guess my date to be on the USS New Jersey in July is canceled . Was suppose to be there on the 9th of July to work the N.J.'s amateur radio.

4. WX4US

WX4US XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry to hear of the cancellation. I was looking forward to this year's event as a sign of some normalcy. Stay safe and I will look forward to future events.

5. K3KIC

K3KIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad day when you wouldn't be safe even on a US battleship.

W2KG, K0UO, K7TTN and 1 other person like this.
  6. KI4ODO

KI4ODO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't think the operators would be in any more danger than during flu season. Probably much less in my opinion. But I guess the organizers need to cover themselves and not take chances, I can't say that I blame them. It just sucks to see all the traditional things, special events, sports events, graduations, you name it, shut down because of an over blown virus threat. Just my two cents.

KC1DR, KN4UEU and N4AHO like this.
  7. N9FC

N9FC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If a lone ham is on the ship operating that shouldn't really be a problem. I guess wise politicians who are wiser than all us mere mortals think it's a bad idea.

8. K3KIC

K3KIC Ham Member QRZ Page

I think it's more likely blanket orders in NJ by gov and not debatable. Still with some creativity a couple people could go on the ship and set up a station that could be run remote and still transmit from the ship.

N9FC likes this.
  9. K9JPT

K9JPT Ham Member QRZ Page

What an out of the box idea!

N9FC likes this.
  10. K9JPT

K9JPT Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow...I responded to this thread only two days ago and the Battleship New Jersey decided to talk to me! Well it did to my APRS iGate. See attached image dated 18 May. Truly amazing! Seems like everyone has a role to play no matter how big or small!

Attached Files: