ad: Radclub22-1

Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. March 4, 2020.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Mar 3, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB7TBT

KB7TBT Ham Member QRZ Page

Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. March 4, 2020.

K0UO, KN0A, KX1MAD and 4 others like this.
  2. M1WML

M1WML Ham Member QRZ Page

3. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you

4. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

?? text?

N4CAX and AA4MB like this.
  5. K2HAT

I have no speakers to watch youtube my computer is dedicated to digital audio modes for RF.

Headlines cliffs notes would be useful.

KA5RIO and KR3DX like this.
  6. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Every thrift store has computer speakers for sale.

K8WAR likes this.
  7. W1UO

W1UO Ham Member QRZ Page

You could turn on the closed captions "CC".

upload_2020-3-6_17-11-43.png

K2HAT likes this.
  8. KB5UZB

KB5UZB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

W0AEW and K2HAT like this.
  9. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Ham Member QRZ Page

Then don’t expect to be able to use it for Audio content, you already said what YOU set it up to do.

N3FAA likes this.
  10. K2HAT

Well seeing the word Headlines, I expected to have something readable, LOL..... ;)

upload_2020-3-7_10-21-22.png

2E0TWD likes this.
  11. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

these dxpeditions never have given any equal time us qrp,qrpp and mobile stations. most everyone will work a strong station,any station that has a signal less than an S 4 forget it! They will always bypass you AND if after 3 minutes of the qso you finely say your qrp or mobile, they will automatically say " I've got qrm,the qsb is bad, I've just got some wicked S9 plus interference, lost you in the qsb, you faded out, got only 30% of that " it's because your like some dread illness so they qrt. Why won't people work us low power operators? is it because they think we are inexperienced operators? We don't measure up? I think if the FCC put a power limit to 100 watts pep, 100 watts for every mode,every band, there would be less qrm, less people running super high power trying out do everyone.

12. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Usually because you are hard to copy, and even harder/impossible to copy in a pileup. Sorry about that, OM. Honest to god truth? It was difficultenough to work them QRO. And 100 watts was even tougher thanks to condx.

But what you are talking about hasn't been my experience. Most DXpedition ops will try to work mobile and QRP stations--if they can hear you. However, most aren't going to play the multiple repeats game either. Plenty of other hams want to work them using normal/QRO power. ;)

CA7OKD and K0UO like this.
  13. CA7OKD

CA7OKD Ham Member QRZ Page

K2HAT likes this.
  14. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Your entire rant is pure BS.
    First off, DXpeditions are there to make as many contacts as they can in the given time frame.
    To achieve this, they work the strongest loudest most easiest to copy stations first. As the Big Guns get their QSO logged, the DXpedition can now hear the medium and lower power stations.
    Towards the end of the DXpedition is when the low power, micro power and stations with utter garbage antennas get their chance.
    Most every DXpedition I have ever worked can be heard begging for contacts in their final days and hours. CQing for hours without a reply.
    If you cannot complete a QSO during that time, it sure as hell is not the DXpeditions fault.

To even think or suggest a major DXpedition stop working the quick easy ones, to dedicate time struggling to work low power dummy load antenna stations is ludicrous nonsensical selfish drivel.

Even your statement about the DXpeditions making excuses not to work you is BS.

They tell you conditions are not favorable and your signal sucks. Your delusional paranoia tells you other operators do not like QRP stations.

If they could copy you well enough to complete a QSO, they would have.
    Instead of wasting the same amount of time giving you the excuses, you'd be in the log if they could hear you.

About the only thing you said that was truthful was the inexperienced operator comment.
    It is very true that many inexperienced operators do not use high power nor do they have adequate antennas.
    That lack of experience pollutes their thoughts into believing that since they can hear the high power DXpedition with armchair quality, that the DXpedition can also hear their weak power piss poor antenna signal in the same manner.

Someone is in desperate need of professional help and it sure isn't the DXpeditions.

15. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

@N8ZI - I don't take issue with most of what you were trying to communicate to to BSZ.

I do take issue with some of "the how" you communicated your thoughts. To wit:

Many of us, for a variety of reasons, are unable to build and erect great antennas or run QRO. But we still like to jump into the mix and give 'er a go.

I'm not convinced. More appropriate would be some education on DXpeditions, an honest appraisal of one's station and operating experience, and a lesson or three in Realistic Expectations.

N9NY and N8ZI like this.