ad: CWJF-1

Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. December 9, 2020.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Dec 8, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. JF1UCX

JF1UCX Ham Member QRZ Page

Okay, thanks for that great explanation. It's not often that failure of components can be predicted to the point where clear and detailed photo analysis is possible on a semi-unpredictable one-time only event. In the AF, we spent tons of money and time trying to capture malfunction and critical failure and it was usually only possible during testing and not actual real-life applications, in the field, er, air, so to speak.

For them to have a drone hovering (for how long?) over the area was good fortune in an otherwise very unfortunate situation.

I know they've outlined it elsewhere, but I wonder why it wasn't able to be repaired (before the collapse). I suppose funding was one reason. But I had read that it was said it was impossible to repair due to the way it was suspended, etc.. Surely, that can't be. If it can be put up in the first place, it can be repaired. Difficult, surely, but not impossible. Fixing the Voyager after it left the solar system is impossible. Fixing a terrestrial antenna complex is not. Well, was not. Too late now. Cheers from Tokyo

2. JF1UCX

JF1UCX Ham Member QRZ Page

Right. and we know what happened to Frank when he did try to fix it. Cheers.

N4AFK likes this.
  3. NP4JE

NP4JE Ham Member QRZ Page

El Gobierno de PR asigno 8 millones para su arreglo