ad: M2Ant-1

Amateur Radio Maps - Custom Great Circle - World Prefix - Locator Maps.

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by GM0PHW, Nov 29, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. GM1ZVJ

GM1ZVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Was initially recommended mike and his range off maps / rotator inserts by a fellow amateur who had previously dealt with him and found both his products and customer service to be superb. I contacted mike by email and received an almost instant most friendly reply, as my request was for a rotator insert that mike did not list I did not hold out much hope that I would be able to get one for my older G450c rotator but was advised that he will do his best to make one up for me. Over the course off a week mike managed to gain the technical details required and kept me up to date at every stage by giving me several personal calls. Today I received a call to say that my rotator insert was ready and would I like to collect it.. mike very kindly offered to fit the insert for me whilst I waited all at no extra charge..how's that for customer service ?! Was so impressed with the quality and attention to detail off his range off maps that I also purchased one off his large wall mounted great circle maps which now sits proudly in my shack alongside my new fancy rotator control unit !
    Please do check out mikes range off maps / antennna rotator inserts they really are superb in quality and well worth the money . Mike is a true credit to the hobby . John gm1zvj

2. G4JNW

G4JNW Ham Member QRZ Page

Just received my 3rd map from Mike, excellent as always. I originally bought the World Prefix map which i love but as i now have a rotator i bought a rotator insert then have now bought a Great Circle map. I put my maps into a frame and they not only smarten up the shack but I use them all the time. The maps arrived well packed and in strong package and Mike kept me up to date as per shipping all the time.
    If your a radio amateur or shortwave listener you wont go far wrong with Mike's maps. Les (G4JNW) www.g4jnw.co.uk

3. G0KFV

G0KFV Ham Member QRZ Page

G0KFV, Sunday 14/10/018 I have recently purchased the European locator map from Mike and am very satisfied with the format and markings, they are easy to read and clearly defined.
    The only thing I might add is there could be a few more major towns and cities marked in the countries shown on the map.
    Cheers Mike, Mark-e G0KFV in The City of York

4. SA5DAG

SA5DAG Ham Member QRZ Page

I ordered the Great Circle Map insert for my Yaseu Rotorcontroller a few weeks ago and it arrived shorly after. Mike had done a superfine job with this one. But since Europe and my QTH in Scandinavia is a "small" place in the
    "Big" world, most of Europe became hidden behind my rotor-needle. I then asked Mike if he could do a custom insert for me, narrowing the circle radius down to 2800km (~ covering Europe in one inlay) around my QTH.
    The short and simple answear from Mike was: Yes, no problems!! I ordered the new insert and within one week it arrived in the mail, EXACTLY designed to my needs. Really thanks Mike for a superb service!
    73 // SA5DAG - Sweden

5. W9RAC

W9RAC Subscriber QRZ Page

Mike is a stand up guy. My first order had gotten lost by the postal service, Mike replaced it which I received promptly. I took the map to Staples to have laminated and they managed to destroy it in the process. They ordered a new one for me from Mike. Mike took the time to replace my map and laminate it for me. Great guy who goes out of his way to get things done, unlike a lot of companies these days. I could not say enough positive things about him. Place your map orders from him you will not be disappointed. 73, Rich W9RAC
    www.dxmaps.co.uk

6. GM8KIQ

GM8KIQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just received my insert for my Yaesu G-600RC, I have to say the quality is excellent and fits my controller perfectly.
    I can honestly recommend Mike's inserts, I also have one of his custom great circle maps which I am more than happy with.
    Check out his website www.dxmaps.co.uk

7. GM0PHW

GM0PHW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Can I take this opportunity in wishing all customers, Past, Present and Future.

Christmas.jpg

Thanks for all your continued support.
    Best for Prices, Quality and Detail.
    www.dxmaps.co.uk

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  8. VA3NIE

VA3NIE Ham Member QRZ Page

I just received my Custom Great Circle Map (Azimuthal) and Amateur Radio World Prefix Map and they arrived in great condition and are very good quality maps. There is quite a bit of detail on the maps and well worth the cost, even including shipping, which was quite quick from Great Britain.

Mike (GMOPHW) from followup pretty much right after I placed my order and emailed my coordinates to confirm things. Very friendly and helpful to ensure that I got what I was looking for.
    Dave

9. M7MCJ

M7MCJ Ham Member QRZ Page

great map very detailed with all prefixes great to look up contacts