ad: M2Ant-1

Amateur Radio (Ham Radio) Linkedin Group

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KB6QXM, Jul 18, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KN4SMF

KN4SMF Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for your civility, given my initial rant. I have a remaining question however. Are you doing this because you are monetized on LinkedIn? I ask this because if you are monetized, then for every nickel you make, the beast makes far more. All of those websites are based on, or channeled through the economic powerhouse controlling 1/5 of the world economy (by THEIR estimate). And they have an agenda which is anything but savory. I like Ham Radio. There is no computer in my ham station. The 2 just don't mix well. As I tune across the dial, I grow disheartened at the lack of signals. Then I remember the reality. Its not because I have done a poor job on my radio restorations. It's because they're all on the computer. I got kicked off LinkedIn the first day. All I saw was endless networking, blithering about the lips of their tolerance and diversity. LinkedIn is well-policed on dissent of this insipid, insufferable agenda. It's no different from all the other Pacific Coast social sites. I don't toe that line. Never did, never will.
    I wish I was better educated so that I could do at conveying my contempt at what these fiends have done to our civilization. "Diversity, Diversity everywhere, but not a drop to drink, to coin a thirsting seaman's adage.

2. W0JKT

W0JKT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

How do you know folks that sign up are hams and not just folks trying to sell other folks a widget or something :)

I signed up but I only have my business account. But over the years I hate all the messages I get wanting to have me link to add others. 99.99% are just folks trying to sell me something.

I do like it sometimes to look up someone so am not against it at all. Just frustrating to get so many sales messages.

Also, I am one of the most highly regulated businesses in the world other than medical - investments. Anything I post on Linkedin has to be via specialized input, compliance approved before posting. Everything has to be compliance monitored and archived via SEC/FINRA rules. But I will enjoy reading posts, even though I can not make comments and not suppose to mix business with personal.

3. KB6QXM

KB6QXM Ham Member QRZ Page

No, I am not paid in any way, shape or form for my LinkedIn group. I do it as my way of giving back to the hobby as I said to you in an earlier reply. I have given back in many ways to ham radio. Mentoring, Emergency coordinator during an actual emergency, VEC, Teaching Novice classes, public demonstrations of the technology to other engineers in the Satellite company that I used to work for. Club president, newsletter editor...the list goes on. I simply advertised the group. Others may see my post and join. Others may not. Full disclosure, I grew up and have had my entire career in the Silicon Valley. When I retire, I will leave California. You may not like Linkedin, computers and that is fine. I personally do not like the ARRL and that should be fine also. You never know we might see more eye to eye than you think. I just don't publically rant about it. That is the difference. I wish you the best and you never know, I might bump into you on the air. 73

4. KB6QXM

KB6QXM Ham Member QRZ Page

As a matter of fact I have done a poll on my group and there are about 20% that are not hams, but are either working on getting their ticket or interested in getting their ticket. In reference to the selling, I look at the group daily and moderate all content. I have only had to bounce 1 person after multiple warnings in all of the years that I have managed the group.

5. W0JKT

W0JKT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually, the sales stuff I am getting is by instant messaging not posts and it's coming from my own page or folks that come to my page via others. So my comments were a bit misdirected (before I go to bed late at night!).

Great includes interested non-hams. Of course, I support encouragement and positive exposure to Amateur Radio.