ad: Radclub22-1

Amateur Radio Club & Discrimination

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Jun 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

JustinC - KD7LRO writes "Every month for about the past 5 months I have attended the monthly meeting of my local Amateur radio club sitting there paying attention to what everyone says. But here is the catch, we recently just had our last meeting for the fiscal year and also to plan for Field Day.

When got down to the part when we started planning the field day activities it seemed like when ever I asked a question I was either ignored or treated like I was less then them. Don't get me wrong there is a few in our club that treat me with the respect that I show them, concidering most of them are a good 35yrs.+ older than me. And yes I am one of the youngest members there at a ripe old age of 27!

What does get me I would think that they would be willing to encourage me, rather than turning their backs and walk away when I ask my question. This will be my first field day since I have had my license and I would like to hope that will leave a good impact on me weather or not I want to persue this hobby any farther with my club.

Also when I looked around during my club meeting last night I wondered the enternal question "how come there is no one else my age in the club", I just wonder if I am missing something?

Anyways I would like to hear everyones opinion on this.

Thanks - Justin - KD7LRO"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.