ad: QSLWorks-1

Amateur Radio at the National Hurricane Conference in New Orleans

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4AG, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K4AG

K4AG Ham Member QRZ Page

All hams are invited, at no cost, to attend the Amateur Radio sessions of the Conference on Monday, March 25 at the National Hurricane Conference. The Conference will be held March 25-28 at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside in Louisiana. There will be a total of three Amateur Radio sessions on Monday March 25, 2013.

Session 1: at 10:30 am to 12:00 p.m. This session will cover the Amateur Radio response to Hurricanes Sandy and Isaac.

Session 2: at 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. This session will cover Amateur Radio Operations at the National Hurricane Center, WX4NHC Weather Initiatives, WX4NHC Haiti Earthquake Mission, VoIP Hurricane Net, Hurricane Watch Net and will feature the Director of the National Hurricane Center Dr. Rick Knabb as guest speaker.

Session 3: at 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 pm. This session, is entitled "Amateur Radio Rap Session - The Emergency Manager's Hidden Resource." This session is for Emergency Managers to meet with Amateur Radio Operators and discuss disaster communications for mutual benefit.

All sessions will be streamed live and recorded at: www.nsradio.org/stream.htm and www.voipwx.net/files/stream.htm courtesy of Jim Palmer KB1KQW

All are welcome, there is no registration fee required to attend these Amateur Radio sessions

John McHugh, K4AG,
    WX4NHC Coordinator for Amateur Radio,
    National Hurricane Center
    Miami, Florida

2. KC5SAS

KC5SAS Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish I could make it for this but 2 things are keeping me away.
    1- Work. I have to pay the bills.
    2- It's New Orleans. I refuse to go to that part of Louisiana.

I am looking forward to watching it later after it is available online.

3. N5WJ

N5WJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow Steve, I go to New Orleans quite often... Born and Raised there.. Live in St. Rose, now.. about 20 miles west... why the refusal to go there?? Just curious...

Frank.. N5WJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.