Amateur Licensing in Mexico On Hold?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K4KYV, Jan 22, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. W5TTP

W5TTP Ham Member QRZ Page

This may be a good thing. If we set up sanctuary cities for illegal hams, then the next logical step would be sanctuary cities for legal hams. Think about it. No antenna restrictions, lots large enough to accomodating wire hf antennas, no noise producing electronics, wifes, or significant others tending to contest operators with food and cold beverages. Heaven in America!

W0FS, WD4ELG, W1TRY and 1 other person like this.
  2. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

THEN BY your logic:confused:, NO license is to follow?

I hope I'm dead and buried before THAT:(:mad::rolleyes: .

3. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe related to the cartels?

4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

YIKES! I am a sucker for a zombie threat! :)

[​IMG]

5. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Follow the money $$$$ I know for a fact that a Mexican license can still be got$$$$
    Just ask the Comm-guy in any cartel

KB1MCT and K3XR like this.
  6. K0UO

Also I don't know how many of you are aware of it but there are certain frequencies that have started popping up in the last year or two where there's a number of Mexican stations operating with calls that do not show up on qrz or other places but they're regularly on the air daily.

I have heard them talking about running up to 10,000 Watts, with a pair of 3CX3000s, 4CX5000 tubes, and one has a 4CX7500 and stuff like that on the air.

Many of us are referring to them as the "New Border Blasters".

And we have to stay away from the Border Blaster frequencies because, they're running extremely wide Side Band audio. They definitely sound good! There's a number of license U.S. ham that talk to them daily in QSOs, they appear to be good operators.
    • A few of the U S and Canadian hams have been joking, that it's the new kind of Border Invasion, with the Border Blasters, blasting across the Airways.

7. K0UO

Unlike most places in the world hams no longer have log book requirements. In Mexico all Mexican hams are required to submit operating information each January.

Another thing that's been going on in Mexico and it goes back to follow the money$$$$$$$$$$$$ under the Mexican rules if you call now them that, a ham may loan their license to anyone, as long as operation will be within accepted parameters. ( apparently running 10,000 Watts is acceptable)
    If there is no current reciprocal licensing,
    It's about to the point the only way for a foreigner to operate in Mexico is to borrow $$$$$$$$$ a call sign.

I for one who operates in Central America and occasionally flyover Mexico. I haven't seen an FCC notice that a license is not reciprocal in Mexico and I've only seen blurbs from the Mexican authorities about it. The last official notice that I obtained from the Mexicans, which I'm trying to dig up right now says we can still use a reciprocal call sign designation.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

And this leads us to "the rest of the story"...who is running the show in Mexico?

K0UO likes this.
  9. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No code, no exam, ultimately no license. Licences? We don't need no stinking Licenses!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  10. W5TTP

W5TTP Ham Member QRZ Page

Haven't heard them. What frequencies do they hang out on? Either I am just tuning past, or propagation isn't my freind.