ad: portazero-1

Am I losing my passion?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KL7AJ, Jan 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I remember fusion splicing single-mode back in my younger years!

2. WL7CG

WL7CG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't remember seeing anyone while driving past Snag that cared how cold it is... It's a special sort that live north of us here on the coast. I still think Tok is the coldest place in KL7.

N5PZJ likes this.
  3. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

I did not mind low temps until about 6 years ago. It's a struggle now. I'm getting old, I guess.

I have a few years to go before retirement, but I already have a warm place to spend my retirement winters. Family will keep me here until Jan 1. I'll be gone after that, until March 31, at least.;)

4. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah kind of explains why I moved away from Ontario myself. Winters are just too long.

5. VA3VF

Yes, that's the thing. Give me a day or two at -40, not a problem, but 3/4/5 months at -22 is too much. Oh... and the wind?

Leave home for work at 'night'. Return home from work at 'night'. Not convinced? No windows in the workplace. Do I need to draw it?:D:D:D:D We actually had 'sun' lights in the office at one point.

I know there are worse places. I don't envy the residents.

KK4CUL likes this.
  6. KC8VWM

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, I lived it myself for a long time.

Things are a little different here. This photo was taken the other day.

IMAG1114.jpg

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  7. VA3VF

That was uncalled-for.:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. KC8VWM

I know, but you wouldn't have believed me if I told you, so I had to have actual proof right? :)

Actually, I tormented my sister living in Ontario with that photo. She's considering moving to Arizona in the near future, so I just wanted to remind her before she forgets.

9. KN1M

KN1M Ham Member QRZ Page

I live a mile from Ontario and it is cold enough here.

NL7W and KC8VWM like this.
  10. KC8VWM

Yeah, I remember driving over that narrow Grand Island bridge in the middle of a snow storm before.

And when I say "snow" it's not measured in inches, it's measured in feet! :eek:

AC8UN likes this.