Am I losing my passion?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KL7AJ, Jan 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. W6GMT

W6GMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep -38 is getting down their. people who don't live in places that get that cold don't understand the problems that temps below -30 create. it is another world plug the car in to the heater, leave it run when you go in to the store, you face freezes in to 10 minutes if not covered. Yes it get the cold here in Northern MN (en37) At this stage of my life I don't venture out in WX that cold.

2. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

y.

3. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

They hit a snag, no doubt about it.:eek:

Thank goodness for global warming. Ottawa is going to flood, and I'll move to my beach front property in Snag.:D

KC8VWM likes this.
  4. K4AGO

At minus 22 C you could get in the freezer and warm up. Maybe even eat a nice warm Popsicle while you are in there.

KK4CUL and K9ASE like this.
  5. K4AGO

I was exactly 3 months away from being delivered. Just starting my third trimester.
    -18 is the coldest I have been in. -81.4 is a good description of flash frozen.
    John
    K4AGO

KC8VWM likes this.
  6. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

-25F is the lowest I’ve experienced along the front range of CO where the low is below zero only a week or so each year. It gets much colder in the high mountain valleys and NW rangeland valleys.

I used to hunt elk during the late December season in the NW rangeland areas. It was typical to lay in 4 inches of snow at zero to -10 F trying to be undetected and waiting for dawn and shooting light, which was - cool!

7. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yukon was colder than the average temperature on Mars.

planet-chart-1.jpg

8. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

What a feeling!

9. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

This was today's low, but not the lowest temperature I have experienced here. If my brains melted properly, I think it was -35 Celsius (with the wind chill factored in).

A former co-worker used to travel to Ulaanbattar, the world's coldest national capital, often. He said that it was so cold sometimes that it was impossible to even describe with words.

10. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Da cold and the RF will leave that poor soul's tongue a tinglin'!

Until it cracks off...