ad: dxeng

Am I in the Minority or Misunderstood?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KM6CND, Jul 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N4QX

N4QX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is only correct if third party communications have been exchanged (97.115(d)). Otherwise, there is no requirement beyond those in 97.119.

2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is an Internet discussion forum. That's the nature of the beast. I think you'll find that hams are almost invariably polite on the air. Sure, there are the stinky, rotten eggs of 14313 and 7200, but they are a huge minority. On phone, and maybe even moreso on CW, hams are still gentlemen and ladies. :)

WD4IGX likes this.
  3. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Which is they way it has always been. "Many are called, few are chosen."

WD4IGX likes this.
  4. KA4ETV

KA4ETV Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to agree that most hams are polite. You don't know how sad I am to have to say it. I do much more listening than talking. Always have. I regularly hear hams abusing newcomers, using blue language, etc. In all honestly I have been wondering if the FCC even cares what goes on anymore.

WU8Y likes this.
  5. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

In the early 80s I worked a lot of CW, when I was living in Germany and operating as DA2EU. I never heard a ".." at the end, until I got back to the US. I didn't need it then and I don't need it now. Once I send "...-.-", I'm done. :)

NL7W and K3XR like this.
  6. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't hear it. Much less regularly.

WD4IGX and K3XR like this.
  7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Usually only between friends and not very often indeed.

dit dit :p

NL7W likes this.
  8. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

I think we have to give our callsign at least every 10-minutes in a QSO that runs on a long amount of time. No?

9. KC3EPA

KC3EPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Why not design equipment so they all give out automated call sign when you first hit ptt and also when you release ptt..

10. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How would that work if you operate CW?