Am I in the Minority or Misunderstood?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KM6CND, Jul 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KM6CND

KM6CND Ham Member QRZ Page

On the air, no one knows you are a dog:p

KV6O, WD4IGX, NL7W and 1 other person like this.
  3. KM6CND

I NEVER say "my personal" or "my handle"... I simply say (after calling CQ) this is Jeff, KM6CND, Huntington Beach CA, CQ... On the local 2m repeater, I ALWAYS return a call out with "this is Jeff, KM6CND, (no need for phonics on FM) Huntington Beach".

In case the Station Op on the other side is lacking a pen and paper...or has no access to the Zed to look up my Call Sign, I'd like that station to know my "name" and not my "handle"... right from the start. It really works!

NL7W likes this.
  4. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry! No hard feelings. I give Californians too hard of a time. :oops:
    And, I like your direct style there. :)

5. VK6ZGO

VK6ZGO Ham Member QRZ Page

My dogs could just about pass the VK Foundation licence.:D

My old dog was OK with sending & receiving Morse, but not having an opposable thumb, couldn't write down what she received, so failed the old style test.

6. KM6CND

My Doggie will not likely have his Call Sign anytime soon, but he sure makes a good tummy warmer as he naps on my chest. Kinda hard to have a meaningful QSO that way though.:cool:

7. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

Schlitz ham ad.jpg

8. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well people did dress up more for things in general. Work was often more formal, so someone coming home from work and getting on the radio might indeed still be dressed like that.

Personally, if I had to wear one I'd be ripping off that strangulation device the minute I got out the work door, but I might plop down in front of the radio wearing the rest of that if I already had it on, since it is not really uncomfortable.

9. K6LPM

K6LPM Ham Member QRZ Page

OH
    P L E A S E!!!!

Don't make me
    Puke

K4KYV likes this.
  10. K6LPM

K6LPM Ham Member QRZ Page

Absolutely! Hams had class! It wasn't until the 1970's that you would start seeing the guy from California show up at Dayton with his flip flops , Billy beer t-shirt and gym shorts.
    During the Golden Years the Hams all dressed quite dapper.
    It was a prideful and upper class thing to be a ham.
    All the XYLs dressed like June Cleaver too.

K8BZ likes this.