AM Activity Now!

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by N6YW, Apr 25, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. W2VW

W2VW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Tnx fer posting. Ur Valley-Ant sounds great hr.

Band quit before I could get on. Tower nested, tuned up on wrong band. Tweeked it anyway.

Everyone OK thru qrn.

Gotta recharge to print more fake money manana 05:00

Dave

2. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Listening 7290 now.

N6YW likes this.
  3. N6YW

N6YW Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Listening on 7293 now.

K3XR likes this.
  4. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

no joy in IN.

5. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

CRI on 7.285 at +30 and wide over here...

6. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Billy...do you guys out West do much on 20 meters AM not tried the band lately.

7. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Talking to Steve, WA1STH on 14.330 right now.

Phil - AC0OB

8. N6YW

N6YW Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Bands are noisy today
    I want to and when I get my antenna where I want it to play right, I will meet you there. 20 meter AM rocks and I intend to land my T-368 there
    or at the very least, my Valiant II. :)

K3XR likes this.
  9. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I got on 2 and 6 AM, portable, from a large hamfest today.

I wanted to get on 20 and I should have.

I get nervous about putting a TR-3 on "AM" though without a scope or at least a receiver to monitor it. Especially this one because I have never used it in "AM" at all.

I should mention that this is the second time I've put on a public display of vintage VHF AM. There was even more interest in it this time than the last.

10. AL7RU

AL7RU Ham Member QRZ Page

I put one of mine on AM long ago. I'm guessing maybe in '97-'98 with the Northwest afternoon AM net on 3870KC. Everybody was real surprised when I told them what it was. They said it sounded just terrific. I should mention I suppose that I never heard an unkind report from that bunch. I wish I could find my old logs from that era but I think they went gunnysack in one of the 5 moves I've survived since then. I'd like to track some of those guys down. It was a real active group. I do remember though that there was a giant offset between my receive and transmit frequencies. I had to scramble back and forth with the tuning dial during the rag chew. I never used it for AM afterwards because I had the Viking Eye Eye a-sittin' there on the desk with my 75S-1 station receiver. Aside from the Gates that was my go-to rig. Give it a try! What could go wrong?

PS. Maybe it was because of the sideband filter in the Drake couldn't accommodate all them other guys being off frequency! Did you think of that!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    KC9UDX likes this.