AM Activity Now!

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by N6YW, Apr 25, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

40 meters had 6 people in a round table for a bit before the band went very long last night, 7-29-2020.
    N4RXV, W0VMC, Wa1HLR, KA4KOE another 4 land station I forget and me.
    Other people I could not hear called in at the tail end.
    Most signals were good in South Jersey until they were not.

2. N2DTS

40 has been great after China signs off at 8pm .
    No good for local work but for 500 to 1000 miles its been very good.

3. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For sure.

We had a good QSO with RXV Joe and Brett DTS above the other night on 40 meters.

Brett's screen modulated rig and his K7DYY rig both sounded good into the cornfields of the midwest. :cool:

For an HT-37, Joe's signal is always good into Iowa.

I can rarely hear W0VMC on 40m who is fairly close to me (225 miles) in the NE direction.

Pheel

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  4. N2DTS

Joe has a lot of punch with the HT-37, clean audio, plenty of mid range and 120 to 140% positive modulation, he is always easy copy.

5. N2DTS

Really quiet on 40 meters, -130 dbm!
    The guys down south were coming in strong.
    [​IMG]

6. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Ham Member QRZ Page

I returned to the airwaves Friday night after about two months off during Summer Static Season. WA1STH was in Maine, operating 3873 remotely with his station in New Hampshire. Wow, it's so invisible anymore. My own "remote" is primarily the use of internet-based SDR receivers that offer synchronous detection. A fellow near Pittsburgh joined us, W3PIE, and I could hear him better at home on the ITT/Mackay 3040a, than I could among nodes where I was pulling in Steve. Methinks the 2020-21 radio season is dawning.

7. W2VW

W2VW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

9z4FE and K4KYV on 3875 03:35 UTC

Gud signals.

8. K4KYV

K4KYV Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Reasonably quiet band conditions Thursday night. Worked WZ5Q and W5JAY, good signals. Tuned across the band and no other AM stations heard and few SSB circa 0400Z (11 PM Central time). Lately, even when bands are quiet, 75m has been a lot like 160; sidewalks rolled up after about 10 PM.

9. K0OKS

K0OKS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Trying to raise anyone on 20m right now. 14.286

Thanks.

10. K0OKS

K0OKS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Burning up my tubes. Nobody out there. I can hear myself on some SDRs, but nobody plays AM on 20m.